GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1
Gunmod, the creator of the Radiance Light System, has quit modding long ago and therefore the development of the Radiance has been discontinued.
However, other people have continued GunMod's work, or have created alternative lighting systems.
Here are some useful links to various existing Light Systems (thanks Niol for collecting and providing them); the Radiance version 2.4 can also be installed automatically using the SCRIPTORIUM (old versions 2.1 to 2.3 can only be installed by hand).
- Radiance Light System 2.1 by GunMod @ MTS2 (LINK)
- Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1 by GunMod & Chocolate Pi @ MTS2 (LINK)
- GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.3 for all EP/SP by dDefinder @ MTS2 (LINK)
- GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.4 for all EP/SP by dDefinder @ MTS2 (LINK)
- Lighting Mod by spookymuffin @ InSIM (LINK)
- Aaron's Ambiance Mod by stargazer @ GaySimsClub2 (LINK)
And here are some links about modding the lighting.txt game file:
- How to change the blue haze in nhood
- "Lighting.txt" : How to change the sky color
- "Lighting.txt" : How to rotate the outside shadows
- Night light level
If interested, please visit the provided links and read the instructions, specifications and compatibility of each mod from its own thread
(Original GunMod's post following)
Fixed light not traveling through arches. Thanks Daan1302
Fixed inside portal coloring. Was too colorful.
Fixed outside light spill. Objects light up more when near window with lamp/light.
Updated to Include all EP's
Auto installs for all EP's
Includes 4 Times of day for Downtown and University (if you have the EP)
This means you can party in the morning, daytime, evening and night.
So Nightlife isn't just "Night Life"
Included a manual install option for PC and MAC users. (seperate download)
Download GMRLS21-AUTO.zip or GMRLS21-MANUAL.zip
For the auto install, extract the .exe file to a temp folder, run the exe, then during the install make sure the path is C:\Program Files\EA Games
For the manual install: Extract file into: C:\Program Files\EA Games
Allow it to overwrite
Extract BACKUP21.zip to: C:\Program Files\EA Games
Allow it to overwrite.
Notes: Because a lot of the default lots use the broken Maxis Diffuser light,
you will want to go in and change the lighting esp. in Downtown lots in Nightlife.
Sorry about this, but it's not my fault Maxis chose to use the broken one
This was made for ENGLISH version installs of the Sims 2.
If you have a NON ENGLISH version of the Sims 2:
Extract the manual version to a temp folder.
Copy the lighting.txt file found in:
The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Lights
to [email protected]\TSData\Res\Lights
Where [email protected] is whatever The Sims 2 folder is called
Next copy the Lighting.txt and downtown_lots.txt files found in:
The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights
to [email protected]\TSData\Res\Lights
Where [email protected] is the folder you have for The Sims 2 Nightlife.
Note these are both in Program Files\EA Games
So make sure that if you own a NON ENGLISH version, that the install
program points to your Sims 2 folder.
Works with All or no Expansion Packs.
If you do not own Nightlife it will still create a harmless folder called:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife.
If you do NOT own Nightlife, this folder can be safely deleted after the install.
Do NOT use Smart Lights 2 with this!
THis version overwrites any previous version.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 31.6 KB · Downloads: 31,038 · 6th Nov 2005
Size: 148.7 KB · Downloads: 55,655 · 6th Nov 2005
Size: 32.7 KB · Downloads: 34,699 · 6th Nov 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 30