Griffindor Entrance; The (animated) Fat Lady Painting - DOOR
What started as a 'simple' idea became a personal battle by both creators to produce this fully working door (for both straight and diagonal walls) which has the appearance of a large (animated) painting of the The Fat Lady who guards the entrance to the Griffindor Common Room at Hogwarts, (Harry Potter's Wizard School.)
The painting slides along the wall to reveal the entrance which your Sim will pass through to the next room when the painting then it slides back into its original postition.
Made with Milkshape and v0.50 , it is compatable with ALL games, is colour enabled and it has its own (registered) GUID so it wont replace anything already in your game.
This object is comprised of TWO package files (one for straight walls and one for diagonal walls). Please put BOTH in your downloads folder.
Polygon Count: 972 (= low = GOOD! )
Whilst extensive testing has been done by both creators, your feedback would be appreciated should you find any issues not already known by us.
Although this appears to be a single tile door, it is in fact a TWO tile door, so you will need TWO empty tiles/wall panels to use it.
The door opens from left to right (from the front) so you must have an empty tile/wall panel to the RIGHT of the painting. (The usual green 'placement squares' will show you the tiles needed for it.)
1. Depending of the direction of your Sim, the movement of the painting is sometimes slow and your Sim may walk though the edge of the painting whilst it is still opening. This does not effect gameplay in any way (it's purely asthetic).
2. Only when placed on diaginal walls: very occasionally the painting 'hiccups' and opens and closes twice. There seems to be no specific pattern as to when it does this, and it is quite rare. It does not affect gameplay in any way. We suggest you use it on straight walls to completely avoid this problem.
Thanks for testing this , and we hope you will enjoy this 'new' door which we are releasing to coincide with the release of the new movie 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.
Bob & Numenor.
Recolours: Whilst this object is fully recolourable it is quite complex to do. It involves an animated cell texture for 'The Fat Lady' whilst the frame is a seperate 'static' texture. Should you wish to create recolours please feel free to post them here at MTS2 but do NOT include the original files which contains the meshes. Please put a link back to here so that downloaders may obtain the latest (and possibly modified/updated) files. Recolouring the straight package will automatically recolour the diagonal one (which takes it's textures from the straight package.)
Lots: Please do NOT include in uploaded lots. This is very much a BETA object still in development. Should you wish to include it as part of a LOT, please remove it after you have made your screenshots and include a LINK back to this thread for people to be able to download the latest version to add to your downloaded lot. They will then be in possession of the lates files and be aware of any known issues.
p.s. The animation of the painting is this.....
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 252.6 KB · Downloads: 46,403 · 16th Nov 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by boblishman.