Secret Door - Sliding bookcase
Would you test this for me please?
Made with Milkshape, v.50 it has its own unique (registered) GUID so it wont overwrite anything in your game, it is compatable with ALL games and is colour enabled.
Polygon count 1298 (= GOOD! )
This is based on the recently released Griffindor Entrance: The (animated) Fat Lady painting Door created by myself and Numenor.
It works in the same way. This object is comprised of TWO package files (one for straight walls and one for diagonal walls). Please put BOTH in your downloads folder. The file also contains some recolours (see pics)
This is a sliding 'secret' door hidden behind a bookcase. The bookcases slide open to reveal the entrance that you Sims will walk through....then the bookcases slide back into postiion afterwards. (It does NOT function as a bookcase as well .... it's just a door that LOOKS like a bookcase, so there are no other actions available.)
Although this appears to be a single tile door, it is in fact a TWO tile door, so you will need TWO empty tiles/wall panels (on each side) to use it. The usual green 'placement squares' will show you the tiles needed for it.) The bookcase appears on BOTH sides of the wall.
1. Depending of the direction of your Sim, the movement of the bookcase is sometimes slow and your Sim may walk though the edge of the painting whilst it is still opening. This does not effect gameplay in any way (it's purely asthetic).
2. Only when placed on diaginal walls: very occasionally the bookcase 'hiccups' and opens and closes twice. There seems to be no specific pattern as to when it does this, and it is quite rare. It does not affect gameplay in any way. (I suggest you use it on straight walls to completely avoid this problem)
Thanks for testing this and please report any issues.
Recolours:This object is fully recolourable. Should you wish to create recolours please feel free to post them here at MTS2 but do NOT include the original files which contains the meshes. Please put a link back to here so that downloaders may obtain the latest (and possibly modified/updated) files. Recolouring the straight package will automatically recolour the diagonal one (which takes it's textures from the straight package.)
Lots: Please do NOT include in uploaded lots. This is very much a BETA object still in development. Should you wish to include it as part of a LOT, please remove it after you have made your screenshots and include a LINK back to this thread for people to be able to download the latest version to add to your downloaded lot. They will then be in possession of the lates files and be aware of any known issues
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 237.4 KB · Downloads: 93,295 · 18th Nov 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13