The animation for this thing isn't that great. If I made it follow the legs, the shape got distorted whenever the sim moved, but if I just let it hang there the legs cut through it constantly. So, to compromise, the front follows the motion of the legs, but the back hangs from the waist. I did it like this because the front would get cut through a lot more, and because the distortions in the back actually messed up the color of the loincloth.
In the screenshots, the loincloth is lighter around the edges. This has been fixed in the uploaded file.
You know, when I finished all my finals, I was excited because I thought I'd have more free time during the break to do this like this. I failed to remember that I'd have to go back to work, and that nine hours of retail work a day are much more draining than 4 hours of school a day. Plus I'm trying some new stuff out in my meshes that, if I could get them to work, will make my work better, but are currently just really time consuming. I did do one thing successfully though - the texture map for this mesh is 512x512 instead of 256x256. Which, considering how simple it it, might be kinda pointless, but now I know how to do it for more complicated meshes, making coloring them easier. So to everyone who's requested anything: I will get to it. It's just taking me a while. And if anyone out there knows how to make accessories alpha-editable and can help me debug my attempts at it, I would be eternally grateful.
And now, the new improved diclaimer: Recolor at will, but do not redistribute the mesh without permission. All recolors should link back to this post. Do not upload to any paysites, and do not upload to the Exchange. I didn't mind people doing that in the past, but when my stuff turns up on the Exchange a link is never provided, so the accessory is useless. Plus I had an issue with theft. And I know they're pretty much nonexistant, but feel free to use any color I include with my meshes in your own creations, as long as credit is given and a link to the mesh is provided. HOWEVER, this doesn't apply to anyone else's recolors of my meshes. Those are the property of the respective creators, and you have to ask them about redistribution. I think that's it.
Accessory Type: |
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 70.9 KB · Downloads: 23,381 · 16th Jan 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Page 1 of 2
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by generalzoi.