Expensive Telescope Recolor
This is my first uploadable anything that I have made, so I hope somebody likes it. Of course I signed my work in simlish so it fit in game.
This is a recolor of the Farscope E3 Telescope. There's not much to the recolor other than inverting the colors and adding a chrome trim effect.
Since I couldn't get the plugin for to make a usable file I had to clone the whole thing. The original E3 and the new version will appear as seperate entries in the catalog. I suppose this could be a good thing incase I decide to change the mesh later. (haven't had any luck with making meshes work though).
I'm all for suggestions for object recolors if you don't mind them being seperate enties in the catalog, that is until I remember how to make in the same entry or bother to look up the tutorial again.
I just realized during more testing that when you install this version, the original will not show up. It is still there in the catalog but, it won't show for placement when you choose it. If this isn't a problem for you then feel free to download. If you know how to fix this problem then PM me with the fix and I will update the file, til then I will have to try figuring it out in trial and error.
***EDIT YET AGAIN***
I fixed the overwriting problem, now you can choose between the new and the old versions.
They still don't share the same place in the catalog but, I think that is a sacrifice that can be made for such a cool new item.
I thought it would be nice to have a comparison pic to show the differences between the new and the old.
I managed to fix the buy mode listing problem, it seems that my installation of won't do recolors even with the wizard... so I used omengoddess' computer to fix the file. Now there is only the one telescope listed in the buy catalog with the recolors in the same listing.(yay for me).
If you downloaded the original file you can redownload this file and it will overwrite the old one.
If this is you then you need this one from the list below--> GuildMaster-ExpensiveTelescope.rar
I also made a few new recolors with the new file I made.
New recolors will be uploaded in the posts below.
new red telescope files are here
**** The farstarE3 file is all of the recolors in one***
Sci-Fi: Science Fiction
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 78.3 KB · Downloads: 4,095 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 11.4 KB · Downloads: 3,543 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 10.9 KB · Downloads: 2,516 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 10.6 KB · Downloads: 2,277 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 12.2 KB · Downloads: 2,745 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 9.9 KB · Downloads: 2,752 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 11.5 KB · Downloads: 2,601 · 29th Jan 2006
Size: 11.4 KB · Downloads: 2,998 · 29th Jan 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.