*NEW* Two Manual French Harpsichord
Here a small treat for everyone. This is a double manual (2 keyboards) French Harpsichord. This is a brand new mesh, I did borrow the keys, music rack and top of the bench from the saloon piano, other than that, everything else was designed and constructed by me.
This is a two manual instrument. Some harpsichords also have one manual, but I thought having two would make it look a bit richer. You will also notice that the keys are opposite a piano’s, the white being black and the black being white. This is typical of harpsichords. Also they usually have a beautiful decorative inside panel on them, they really are small works of art (and fun to play!). Well, enough of the history lesson!
You will also notice that I have made this into a ten tile object (see pic below). This means that this CANNOT poke through walls, doors, and window’s, and your Sims WILL NOT walk through the back end of it either (HUGH thanks to Echo for her tutorial on adding additional tiles to objects!!). I have also added and additional subset so you can mix and match the decorative inside lid with the different wood textures.
*PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT*
- Your Sims can only practice on this, they WILL NOT perform.
- I also have a feeling that your Sims may have trouble joining in with the band (but I have not tested this).
- From what I have read on this site, it looks like you need University for this object to work, because when that expansion pack came out (from my understanding), they changed the tunes on the piano. This object was created using the University piano.
- The sound is still a piano (I was actually searching through the file to see if I could change that, no luck!)
- Your Sims will only play the bottom manual
- Best of all, this is a very low poly count!! Only 1,805 poly’s (Maxis = 3,210 poly’s), the size of a two tile object!!!
- You can recolor these items, but the meshe may not be uploaded to another website, group, or forum. Please link back to this thread with proper credits.
Well, I think that’s about it!! If you have any difficulties, please let me know.
I hope you enjoy!!!
P.S. – This would sure look nice in Nengi’s French Manor!!!
Antique: Antique or Historical
Living: Living Room
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Two Manual French Harpsichord.zip
Size: 1.17 MB · Downloads: 23,027 · 27th Feb 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4