CASface Replacements - All Faces, All Ages *UPDATE 08/31/08: Argon archfix compatible!*
These files will override the existing archetypes, so when you go into Bodyshop or CAS after installing them, you will see new faces.
They are not retroactive -- any sims created or generated before installing these will look the same. I repeat, these files will NOT affect the way existing sims pass on their facial features. Similarly, sims created using these archetypes will not be affected if you remove these files from your game.
You should only use one replacement per archetype. For example, if you want to use Oepu's #26 Eelf replacement, delete my "CASface 26 Eelf" file first.
For a better explanation on how archetype replacements work, please take a look at AllenABQ's threads:
AllenABQ's replacements: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106077
AllenABQ's base templates and Motoki's tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106081
Most of the stuff I'm rambling on about here is just paraphrasing and adding on to what he's already said.
All new faces were extracted, revamped and replaced entirely by me. I changed all of them for both genders and all ages. If you upload a sim based off of my archetypes, I don't need any credit. However, please don't upload them unaltered.
TO INSTALL, simply extract the files to your downloads folder. They should work for any/all EPs and are subfolder-friendly.
I named them by the order they appear in CAS (left to right). So the Dagmar Bertino face is "CASface_02_Base..." and the Goopy Gilscarbo is "CASface_17_Cara..." etc., etc. If there are some you don't like, you can delete them according to the order they appear in CAS/Bodyshop.
My goal was to soften their features while still keeping the character of the original faces. I was not going for hyper-realism, because I prefer my sims to look like... sims.
#05 (Sandy Bruty archetype) I replaced with an East Asian inspired face I had lying around, because I couldn't do too much with the original and still have it look different from the others.
They're not perfect by any means. Even so, I really hope you'll enjoy them!
UPDATE 08/31/08! Please redownload. The file names are different so delete the old ones first!
I finally updated faces 21/25 to work with Argon's archfix.
You need his mod in order for 21/25 to show up for all ages and pass on the appropriate genetics.
--Added an alien archetype replacement (NOT a PT replacement!!) for the heck of it.
Check Argon's thread to find a mod to make the Alien template appear in BS & CAS as well as mods to townify the Eelf and Alien templates. You do not have to register to download.
--Changed file names for clarity's sake.
--Returned to original format of one archetype per file to reduce Downloads folder clutter. Instead of 79 files there are now only 28.
--Compressed the files using jfade's Compressorizor.
--Made nicer preview pictures.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
CASface Replacements terrakosmos.rar
Size: 7.35 MB · Downloads: 18,858 · 31st Aug 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6