Animated and operatable forcefield (as seen on Star Trek)
Be warned: This will only hold borg if you rotate the shield frequencies or use metaphasic shielding. :borg: :D
You can place this in a gap in the wall. You can even place this in a door or doorway.
It is operatable via it's pie-menu, you can switch it on and off that way. The forcefield-effect is an animated alphachannel and the glowing effect looks very nice, best at night (of course the screenshots cannot show how cool it looks).
The mesh is by me (big deal, it's only a very flat cuboid and so it has exactly eight vertices and twelve polys :o), the animated alphachannel texture is also by me.
It can be found under Electronics - misc.
Important: Be aware that the object is invisible in it's deactivated state (so the catalogue-entry is empty, but you can identify it by it's tooltip)!
This is somewhat of a prerelease, as I am trying to figure out how to block sims passing through it when it is activated. This is a nice object without this function, however, so I decided to release it and update it later. Thanks to Echo and Inge Jones for helping me with invaluable hints on BHAVs while trying to accomplish this.
Maybe I will also build variants that are two and three wall-parts wide. All variants will appear in this thread.
Have fun! :wave:
UPDATE 01: Here's the first update, this version is two walls wide. It has a matching floortilepattern and of course a new GUID so it won't interfere with the small one. Filename: xanathon_forcefield02.rar
UPDATE 02: I made a matching control panel, you can get it here
Sci-Fi: Science Fiction
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 224.7 KB · Downloads: 10,226 · 8th Mar 2006
Size: 224.6 KB · Downloads: 10,788 · 8th Mar 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2