TeenStar PC -> New Name: PC Omega 3000 - Updated for FREETIME
This updated version (2007-04-24) contains a few more options:
- Buy Electronics Online (Cellphone, MP3-Player, Handheld Game)
- Buy Potions Online (all pots the Gypsy and the Garden Club offer, plus Perfume)
- Buy Magazines Online
All items are teleported into the active sim's inventory.
French text by Youri987.
The version "CtfG_TeenStarPC.package" will work with all game versions. Seperate versions are no longer necessary. I will leave the older versions here, though, to ensure compatibility, for whatever reasons might occur.
- Teens may move out, write novels, quit school and enter public / private school. All other functions of the original game, like eMail, games, chat and so on, remain as they were.
- With Uni (EP1) installed, teens may apply for scholarship, review scholarship and move to college if they meet the game conditions like grades high enough.
- With OfB (EP3) installed, teens may perform any OfB-related action, like buying community lots, hiring employees and so on.
- Children may move out (option added in September 2006 by request; please read included documentation for further comments on this one) and enter public/private school.
- No memory update for entering Private School; this is still linked to the Headmaster's agreement.
- Teens and kids receive the usual §20,000 when they move out, and they can determine if other members of the household shall move out with them (function uses the standard move-out screen). After moving out and having saved the lot, the teens/kids can be found in the neighborhood bin. From there, they can be added to an existing household, or they can buy a lot / house and thus create a new household.
- Though it is possible for children to establish a new household by using this PC, it is highly recommended to only add them into an already existing household! Remember that children cannot pay bills or go shopping, and when they live alone, the social worker is not far away. Try this option at your own risk, and don't sue me when the social worker picks up your single-living child. You have been warned. Teenagers, though, can live on their own without any problem as long as they pay the bills.
- Young adults, adults and elders can only repair and turn off this PC (latter option added in September 2006)
- No loss of family ties or relations to friends and lovers
- Pie menu both in english and german. Other languages will (hopefully) default to english.
- Based on Maxis' standard PC, so no extra mesh is needed.
- Five colors (blue as default, green, lilac, red and yellow as additional colors included)
- Available under "Electronics - TV/Video & Computer"
- GUID registered with to avoid conflicts with other SimPE-registered mods / hacks.
This ZIP-file contains:
- this readme-file
Extract the .package file into your Downloads folder under:
- English/US version: MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims 2
- Deutsche Version: Eigene Dateien\EA Games\Die Sims 2
If you use one of the former "CtfG_PC01" versions, delete it prior to game start.
Just delete the file stated above, or move it to any folder outside of the subfolder "EA Games". For future reference, you may want to print this readme file.
Pets-compliant: Yes. No further modifications necessary.
Added the possibility to enter adult jobs. See paragraph "Description" on top.
- Added the six SSN careers
- Added online shopping of clothes with discount
- Fixed a bug that did not delete the school when a teen got promoted to an adult job position. Undid the changes for school values in GUID1 and GUID2.
Added the options to buy magazines, electronics and potions online.
Please download "CtfG_TeenStarPC_v0.51_SSN.zip" if you have "Seasons" installed! If you already downloaded v0.5.01, then please re-download v0.51. Thank you.
Updated for FREETIME. Please use the new file "PC-Omega-3000_v0.1.07_FT.rar" if you have EP7 FreeTime. Also check the manual; there are some changes regarding EP6 Bon Voyage. Thank you.
Please check here for further details:
If you have downloaded the new PC for FT since yesterday, please download again. There's now a manual included (englisch and german) which lists all new pie menu interactions and gives also in-detail explanation.
Please check here for further details:
Teens can now move out again. Use file "TK_PC-Omega-3000_v0.1.07_FT-Hotfix_A.rar" for this. Please read the post above if you use InTeenimater!
Recoloring of this object made possible by: Numenor's CEP
Conditions & Disclaimer:
This object and all related files are given to the community "as is". During my tests, no problems showed up. However, I cannot guarantee that all functions will work under all circumstances and/or on all computers. Use all files and mod-options at your own risk!
This object shall not be re-posted to any other site. It is (and shall be) available ONLY through http://www.modthesims2.com. If you downloaded this zip-file or any of its contents from any other site, please inform me by sending a private message to CtfG on modthesims2. Thank you.
Feel free to recolor this object and post any recolor to modthesims2, but please include a link to the original object you recolored. Every modder likes to take at least some credits for his/her work, and pretending that you created this mod from scratch will be very bad for your reputation and karma, and it will also have a negative affect on your christmas gifts. Guaranteed.
Have fun with this mod!
CtfG (on MTS2)
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 2.0 KB · Downloads: 6,826 · 16th Apr 2008
Size: 1.10 MB · Downloads: 7,148 · 2nd Apr 2008
Size: 1.14 MB · Downloads: 13,411 · 24th Apr 2007
Size: 1.13 MB · Downloads: 21,530 · 5th Dec 2006
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 13,275 · 31st Oct 2006
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 11,767 · 31st Oct 2006
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 12,325 · 31st Oct 2006
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 19,595 · 7th Oct 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5