Xanathon's Main Viewer (as seen on Star Trek) - reconfigurable!
Well here is one, but this is not just a simple oversized picture. You can switch between seven different space vistas (okay, six space vistas and one tactical display to be precise) via pie-menu.
In the screenshots you see five of the possible displays, the other two are not shown and are a special surprise for you. :D
Mesh and red and blue planet textures are by me, I used others I've had in my picture collection, so I'm afraid I cannot give proper credits for the jumpgate. The UFP-symbol and the tactical display are again from the great site www.lcars-interface.de. The one surprise-picture with... ahem... moon and earth is from http://tfp.killbots.com/?p=list&pname=fanart, the other should be quite obvious and once was a wallpaper.
You can find this in the catalogue under decoratives - misc.
I guess some will ask, so: Yes, it would be possible to build a television like this, but as we are limited to a movie size of 150 by 150 pixels, those movies would be pixelated (as you can see if you take a look at some of the oversized televisions available here on MTS2).
My gratitude goes to Numenor, who helped me in getting the grasp on TXMT-changes again. I did those in my stargate and the reconfigurable Trek-console, but had forgotten how to do it. As a surplus I've learned a thing or two in the process... :D
Be careful: These viewscreens tend to give scrambled images in the vicinity of space-time-anomalies or directly after enemy fire. :D
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 352.6 KB · Downloads: 12,550 · 28th Mar 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2