Transparent Grid Floor Tiles **UPDATED 25/5/06**
UPDATED with 3 new requested tiles for each colour
These sturdy transparent framed tiles are ideal for nosey or paranoid sims, who always like to know what's going on beneath their feet
Or maybe you've got a sim or two who like to stargaze in bed? Aw, how romantic...
Each tile is made from the finest materials and incorporates the revolutionary new stealthy "I spy" toughened glass, which is virtually indestructible.
On a cautionary note though, do not under any circumstances allow rampaging gnomes to get anywhere near this flooring.
Original - Set of 4
2 tiles provided for each colour, one horizontal and one vertical
(see main picture)
For use on upper floors. You can put them at ground level, but as with most transparent tiles, you will just see the colour Blue in the transparent gaps, which doesn't look very nice.
There are now 5 tiles for each colour. You will find them in the Build / Flooring / Tiles section. The way these directional tiles get placed on the lot, depends on your camera angle, you might select the horizontal one, and when placed it looks like the vertical one, either view the lot from a different angle, or simply select the opposite tile to the one you want - bit quirky but there you go.
Since the original files aren't large, I've included them all in one file
The new tiles are zipped by colour and each contains one of each of the following
Square, Diagonal 1 & Diagonal 2
Each package begins with the work Muse (That's me ) so it should be easy for you to find and delete any that you don't want.
Known Issue - I noticed in my buy catalogue, that the Black Diagonal 1 tile shows up as a purple transparent square, but can be used in the game as normal. I re-examined the package, but all seems to be as it should be and as far as I can tell, it doesn't cause any game problems. As you can see from the screenshots, it looks normal in the game, its just the buy icon that's odd. (It's the one my servo is standing on, in the screenshots Just thought I'd mention it, incase you see the same thing, lol
To install - unzip to your EA downloads folder
Please do not clone or recolour these tiles.
You can use them in you upload lots (except pay sites) providing a link back to this thread is supplied.
If you like this download then please hit the Thanks button
Thank you and enjoy
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 21.7 KB · Downloads: 12,886 · 25th May 2006
Size: 36.3 KB · Downloads: 11,751 · 25th May 2006
Size: 19.4 KB · Downloads: 12,793 · 25th May 2006
Size: 42.3 KB · Downloads: 13,138 · 25th May 2006
Size: 60.0 KB · Downloads: 17,511 · 17th May 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Page 1 of 2