One Way Doors
The included oneway doors are now finished. They are all showing up ingame properly to my knowledge at least. This set is just the base game doors.
Thanks goes out to all those who have downloaded and tested them for me along with a special thanks to Inge for permission to use her doors as examples of how to manage this.
The next series will include doors found in following EP's and Stuff packs:
University, Nightlife, OFB, Glamour and Pets.
Thanks again everyone.
All the base game doors except for the bathroom doors are included in the sets.
Okay I redid all the doors, the files are larger than I liked but at least they all show up now in my game with all the original colors. Would you folks please redownload and test them again. Filenames have changed but the new series have a new GUID for each door so that shouldn't cause any problems. Although I would suggest you delete the old doors just to be on the safe side.
Sorry for the delays in working on these doors.
Wednesday March 21, 2007:
Sorry just found that the bidirectional/twoway doors are only working one way for now. So to save potential headaches I am removing those doors from the selection for now.
First set: Oneway doors.rar
All of these doors are oneway, in otherwords the sims will only pass through them in one direction. The arrow seen during installation will show the path they will go in.
Second set: HalfandHalf doors.rar
All of these doors are double doors with one door allowing the sims to enter and the other door allowing them to exit.
As far as I know recolors may or may not work even though I tried to link to original maxis meshes. All the doors according to the great tutorial by numenor are basegame compliant. But since I have all eps plus glamour there is always a chance they will fail.
None of this would have been possible without first and most importantly:
inge for pointing me at her "Oneway Arch" as well as suggesting how it might be possible to do the doors that way as well. Since this effort is based around that help, any credit for the results belong to her. Blame belongs to me only.
And of course a special thank you goes out to all the folks at MTS2 who have talked with me throughout this process. Again credit to them and blame to me for any mistakes.
Please test them.
1: Halfandhalf doors appear to be working properly but I goofed the halfandhalf wachout door is a sliding door not a double door so that one has been removed from the Halfandhalf doors.rar file which I will update now as well. Anyone who downloaded the Halfandhalf doors.rar can either redownload or simply remove from downloads folder the file named "Doc halfandhalf wachout.package". As that is the only change.
Recolors still don't seem to be working however, so any suggestions on how to correct that would be greatly appreciated.
2: Reduced file sizes across the board, but after comparing file sizes between one of them and one of inge's door's, I see I still have a way to go on that score the comparison still shows me with about 3-4 times her file sizes. Additional colors still not showing up however yet.
3: December 13, Further reduced most file sizes greatly by using the enslaving technique. Still unable to get the option for more than one color of each door. I will keep trying and asking for help from anyone who might know the solution.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 626.9 KB · Downloads: 619 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 150.0 KB · Downloads: 673 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 540.4 KB · Downloads: 647 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 97.6 KB · Downloads: 704 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 317.0 KB · Downloads: 578 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 317.0 KB · Downloads: 668 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 383.5 KB · Downloads: 710 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 297.1 KB · Downloads: 629 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 249.7 KB · Downloads: 710 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 306.7 KB · Downloads: 602 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 113.1 KB · Downloads: 786 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 681.3 KB · Downloads: 663 · 20th Mar 2007
Size: 483.7 KB · Downloads: 671 · 20th Mar 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.