Advent Wreaths - Fully animated w/ special light (UPD 24dec06)
(Table and Ceiling version)
by MaryLou and Numenor
(click image to view a larger gif)
24 DEC 2006: Added German translation (thanks to Khaibit)
The Advent Wreaths are widely used in many European countries during Christmas time. Each candle of the Wreath is associated to one of the four Advent weeks. The family assemble around the wreath each Sunday evening, and then one family member (usually, the youngest) lights up one or more candles.
The most traditional Advent Wreath has three purple candles and a pink one (the pink is the third to be lit up); but there are wreaths with candle coloured in many other variations.
There are two versions of the Advent Wreath: the Table version and the Ceiling-mounted version; both can be found in the Buy mode catalog, section Decorative/Sculptures.
When placed in the lot (either on a table or attached to the ceiling), direct a sim to "Light First candle": all the sims in the lot will assemble around the wreath and will cheer, while watching the wreath.
After the first candle has been lit up, you can light the Second Candle, and so on. Each additional candle will add to the overall ambient light: admire the light growing when the candles are lit in turn!
After the Wreath has been used at least once, you also have the option to "Extinguish Candles" and then "Re-Light Candles" at will.
Warning! Just like in real life, leaving lit candles unattended, during the night, may cause fire! So, never forget to extinguish the candles before going to bed!
GAME REQUIREMENTS and INSTALLATION
Both the Advent Wreaths (table and ceiling version) work in any game configuration , including the base-game only (tested with the BaseGameStarter).
To install the wreaths, extract the packages from the attached RARs and put them in the Downloads folder (or use the Q-Xpress). To uninstall, just remove the packages from the Downloads.
Important: the "Table" version of the wreath is the repository: the "Ceiling" version requires the Table version in order to work.
The wreaths are fully recolourable (you can recolour separately the candles and the leaves).
In order to recolour them, create a recolour package for the "Table version" (which is the repository), and the recolour will apply at both wreaths.
Please DO NOT CLONE and DO NOT REPOST ANYWHERE. Recolours are fully allowed, but don't include the mesh in your packages: provide a link to this thread, instead.
You can include these items in your lots and post the lots on free sites (NO EXCHANGE!!!), but you must credit Marylou & Numenor and provide a link to this very thread (not just to MTS2).
Ah, almost forgetting...
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 233.9 KB · Downloads: 21,611 · 17th Dec 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3