Global FIX: Fully-functional Custom ToyBoxes in pre-FFS games
Fully-functional Custom ToyBoxes in pre-FFS games
NOTICE - This is a GLOBAL FIX, which means that:
- it might be unknowingly included in your uploaded lots (so, use the to remove unwanted hacks from your lots before uploading them);
- it will be copied in any toybox you clone with SimPE, if you have included the Downloads folder in the File Table (so, uncheck the Downloads if you want a "clean" clone).
WHY THIS FIX?
Before Family Fun Stuff, there was only one toybox in the game; and therefore all the code related to toyboxes "recognized" only one toybox: all the cloned toyboxes worked partially; in particular:
- It's not possible to put away the toys (the sim picks up a toy, and then drops it, because he can't find a suitable toybox where to store it);
- When a sim is already playing, the interactions "Join..." and "Ask ... to join" don't work, because the second sim can't find a suitable toybox.
WHICH GAMES NEED THIS FIX?
You DON'T NEED this fix if your game includes at least one of the following EPs:
If you have none of the EPs listed above, then you NEED the fix, in order to use a custom toybox in your game.
- Family Fun Stuff
- Glamour Life Stuff
- any other EP newer then Pets
HOW TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL
Extract the package from thearchive and put it into your Downloads folder; you can also use the Q-Xpress, if you like.
To uninstall, delete the file "Numenor_GLOBAL-FIX_UsableCustomToyboxes.package" from your Downloads folder.
CREATORS OF CUSTOM TOYBOXES, PLEASE READ
If you have FFS, you could just clone one of the new toyboxes included in FFS; but this would create a clone that requires FFS in order to work (which is not advisable).
The best way to create a fully functional cloned toybox is the following:
This way, your clone will automatically benefit of the fix, and it will be usable in any game (from the base-game to Pets and newer)
- Deactivate all the EPs in SimPE's file table, as explained HERE.
- Still in SimPE's file table, include the Downloads folder in the table.
- Install this fix.
- Clone the base-game ToyBox.
If you have a little familiarity with BHAVs, you can just skip all the steps above and append a single line to the Init BHAV of your clone:[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x003B (category) := Literal 0x0073)In any case, you have to alert the downloaders of your cloned toybox that they need this global fix, in order to your your custom object (if they don't have FFS or above, of course).
TECHNICAL EXPLANATION OF THIS FIX
As said, some interactions rely on the original GUID of the base-game toybox; starting with FFS, Maxis implemented a different check, based on the Category 0x0073: every toybox is assigned to Category 0x0073, and then the BHAVs look for a suitable toybox by searching for objects in Category 0x0073 (before FFS, the BHAVs searched for objects having the GUID of the base-game toybox, instead).
This fix is composed by three edited BHAVs:
Basically, they are the BHAVs taken from FFS, made available in the base-game.
- Two BHAVs from the ToyBoxToysGlobals (GroupID 0x7F119F0A, instances 0x2003 and 0x2008): the GUID check is replaced by the Category check.
- One BHAV from the ToyBoxGlobals (GroupID 7F277790, instance 0x2001): it sets the Category to 0x0073 for every ToyBox created in the game.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 579 Bytes · Downloads: 4,629 · 2nd Jan 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)