The Romantic 1860s - At Home
This time I did not “make up” a story. I’ll let you do you own stories. This is a Theme with 4 parts, depicting different occasions of daily life. I made sure that all sexes and ages were contemplated.
Now… for the overall feeling of the era, here’s an highlight of the first quarter of the 19th century. A lot happened during this period, so there’s no need to put it under the “Victorian” hat. I’ll call it “Romantic Era”. For the Americans, it’s the Civil War era.
1837 William IV dies; succeeded by his niece, Victoria.
1860 Garibaldi takes Naples; unification of Italy.
1861 Civil War begins at Fort Sumter, Charleston, SC, April 12.
American Civil War April 12, 1861 – April 9, 1865
1866 Alfred Nobel invents dynamite.
1867 Johann Strauss' "Blue Danube" waltz premiered in Vienna.
1868 Thomas Alva Edison, becomes an inventor
1870 Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea published.
1870-1 Franco-Prussian War.
1870s A depression hit the US following the Civil War
Fashion changes pick up speed during the 19th century.
Stylistically, the era begins around 1830. After the revolution and Napoleonic wars, a peaceful life with the family was what everybody wishes for.
At the same time, the beginning of the Industrial Revolution created a new upper class, known by the French term bourgeoisie
The men turned to darker and duller clothing witch did not vary much during the course of the century. Breeches vanished to be replaced by tight, straight more than ankle-length trousers.
With it went a tailcoat, a carefully knotted necktie and a top hat
Women on the other hand were required to display splendour to show that their husband could "afford her".
The waist dropped to almost its natural level and made to appear tiny with corsets and the exaggerated width below
Around 1840 begins the Romantic Era. Skirts become fuller and had to be supported by petticoats.
During this time men turned away from tailcoats but for formal occasions and towards the frock coat witch was not so far away from the suit jackets of today
Trousers were worn a little shorter and wider. In 1850s the jacket already had the overall shape we know today
Not everything was possible to be made according to fashion. I’m ashamed to say I cannot make meshes, so I had to make do with what I had
Hope you enjoy my little Romantic Series !
tm DailyTop - Maxis
tm Daily Bottom: sussisogoodsims RegencyPants teen http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215001
tf Pinafore: sussisogoodsims CivilWarTeen http://www.modthesims2.com/member/SussisSoGoodSims
af PinkDayDress: SussiSogoodsims CivilWar http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208159
af RedDress: Pronupsims2 1860sCrinoline 190505 http://rosemat.free.fr/Pronupsims2/...ims.php?page=17
am DaySuit : all-about-style Mesh-Morning Coat http://www.all-about-style.com/terms2.html
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 701.9 KB · Downloads: 3,311 · 9th Jan 2007
Size: 147.5 KB · Downloads: 3,375 · 9th Jan 2007
Size: 387.0 KB · Downloads: 3,485 · 9th Jan 2007
Size: 997.2 KB · Downloads: 3,801 · 9th Jan 2007
Size: 1.50 MB · Downloads: 3,496 · 9th Jan 2007
Size: 763.6 KB · Downloads: 3,812 · 9th Jan 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by alexasrosa.