Bamboozle Doors – Smarter than your average Sim
***These are modified (hacked) doors, please read all of the information below.***
Are you fed up with your stupid Sims travelling down to the bottom of the garden to ring the bell on your garage or other out-buildings, if so then these are the doors for you, these are no ordinary doors, they will stop your brainless visitors or the dizzy delivery person from doing such a stupid (if not annoying) act. If you have a house with foundations that also has an out building with an external door on ground level, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. These doors even stop the muddled maid from going to the out-building, pausing briefly before they wake up and then go to the house to clean & tidy it.
These doors are designed for use as a garage side door, shed door or any other out-building external door. They even make good external basement or back doors. Heck you can probably think of even more uses!
Apart from bamboozling your visiting Sims/NPC's into thinking these are not front doors and stopping them from making a beeline to them, these doors function the same as any other Maxis door including the lock options if you have OFB.
1. Bamboozle Justa Door – cloned from the Maxis ValueWood Lumbers Justa Door
2. Bamboozle Mauritania Door – cloned from the Maxis Chiclettina "Mauritania" Beveled Glass Door
3. Bamboozle Patio Door – cloned from the Maxis Wachowt Glass Door
4. Bamboozle French Door – cloned from the Maxis Touch of Teak "Pigalle" French Door
5. Bamboozle Colonial Door – cloned from the Maxis Colonial Tract Door
6. Bamboozle OpenMe Door – cloned from the Maxis OpenMe Door (Nightlife required)
7. Bamboozle Storybook Door – cloned from the Maxis Storybook Door (OFB required)
8. Bamboozle Elegance Door – cloned from the Maxis Abiding Elegance Door (OFB required)
9. Bamboozle Mullionaire Door – cloned from the Maxis Mullionaire Door (OFB required)
10. Bamboozle Cloudscene Door – cloned from the Maxis Cloudscene Door (OFB required)
11. Bamboozle BarelyThere Door – cloned from the Maxis Barely There Glass Door (OFB required)
12. Bamboozle Cloudscene Transom Door – cloned from the Maxis Cloudscene Transom Door (OFB required)
Doors 1 - 5 work with just the original base game or any of the EP's
Door 6 requires Nightlife installed.
Doors 7 – 12 require OFB installed.
If you already have the two original Bamboozle Doors that were released in 2006 (ie downloaded prior to 23/04/07) you will need to remove them from your downloads folder before installing the new ones, the filenames were “Calakarad_Bamboozle-Value-Door.package” & “Calakarad_Bamboozle-Premier-Door.package”
Bamboozle_Doors.rar contains doors 1 - 5
Bamboozle-OpenMe-Door_NL.rar contains door 6 (Only download if you have Nighlife installed)
Bamboozle-Shop-Doors_OFB.rar contains doors 7 - 12 (Only download if you have OFB installed)
IN GAME INFO
You will find the doors in the door section of build mode (obviously).
Each door is priced §1 less than the original Maxis door it was cloned from.
These doors do not work on diagonal walls or after being moved to and from diagonal walls. If placed on a diagonal wall the door will turn into the original Maxis door. I have at this stage decided not to release diagonal versions/packages as the hack just does not work on them! It didn’t work diagonally on the previous version either which no-one seemed to notice or care about (if they did they kept quiet).
DO NOT use them as the only external door on the lot; your visitors will just stand by the post box waiting for your Sim to be telepathic before eventually dashing off home.
RECOLOURS: I would love to say you can recolour these to your heart's content but there is no point! All the Bamboozle doors automatically pick up textures from their original counterparts. All colours and recolours you have for the original Maxis doors will be available on the Bamboozle version of that door. Therefore you need to recolour the original door (or Arch in some cases ).
LOTS: As these are modified (hacked) objects; DO NOT include these in any lot uploads to any site.
Finally, please do not clone or post on any other sites
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 194.0 KB · Downloads: 2,811 · 2nd May 2007
Size: 22.4 KB · Downloads: 3,513 · 23rd Apr 2007
Size: 145.6 KB · Downloads: 3,993 · 23rd Apr 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.