Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Garden Plot Vertical Position Fix + Bigger Compost Fertilizer Quality Boost

by mike_1102 Posted 24th Apr 2007 at 6:03 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2008 at 7:35 PM by mike_1102
 
35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:40 PM
Amazing space-saver!!! Only if I could keep my gardens in good condition. Thank you for sharing.
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:55 PM
Thank You!!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 7:42 PM
That mod is awesome! Will work perfectly with Targa's ascension stairs! Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM
Thanks! I encountered this problem in the game ... I'm greatful for the fix!

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." -David Bowie
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM
Just the best - I have a roof garden in sims and now my simmie can grow veg and fruit on their gardern roof Me and my sims thank u
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:03 PM Last edited by daysies : 24th Apr 2007 at 11:31 PM.
OMG, have you been reading my Seasons wish list? i've wanted to grow a garden on floor tiles or deck (or foundation) because in real life, you can grow a garden anywhere (not just on the ground). i have to test this out. THANKS for this!!!

you know, it would be really cool if someone could make an invisible recolor of the garden plot so we can stick a terracotta pot on top of it and grow our garden in pots. wouldn't that be so neat!?!?! (sorry, i'm so excited about this mod!)

[update] okay, i tested it and it works!!! i put a couple plots on a deck and my Sim was able to plant seeds and harvest them. only problem i found (and it's not pertaining to the hack) is that when i put some terracotta pots on top of them, and then i directed my Sim to harvest the tomato plants, the harvest icon kept dropping out of her queue. i think the pots are in the way. it looks sooooo cool with the pots though! i'm not sure what needs to be fixed there. i probably just need to find another pot to stick them in... or something decorative that won't block their way.


DDO
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:22 AM Last edited by gosims : 25th Apr 2007 at 2:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
very well done i have'nt seen this before & most certanly would not have thought of it.this should be featured if it's not already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysies
OMG, have you been reading my Seasons wish list? i've wanted to grow a garden on floor tiles or deck (or foundation) because in real life, you can grow a garden anywhere (not just on the ground). i have to test this out. THANKS for this!!!

you know, it would be really cool if someone could make an invisible recolor of the garden plot so we can stick a terracotta pot on top of it and grow our garden in pots. wouldn't that be so neat!?!?! (sorry, i'm so excited about this mod!)

[update] okay, i tested it and it works!!! i put a couple plots on a deck and my Sim was able to plant seeds and harvest them. only problem i found (and it's not pertaining to the hack) is that when i put some terracotta pots on top of them, and then i directed my Sim to harvest the tomato plants, the harvest icon kept dropping out of her queue. i think the pots are in the way. it looks sooooo cool with the pots though! i'm not sure what needs to be fixed there. i probably just need to find another pot to stick them in... or something decorative that won't block their way.



genius idea. i haven't tried this in the game yet, but i believe the reason why your sims couldn't harvest or tend the plants is because the pots are flagged as disallowing intersection with sims. so the tiles the pots reside on are made not accessible to sims. an invisible version of the plot should be easy to make. but to fix the other problem, a small change needs to be made to the particular pot you use to grow the plants in.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:25 AM
Wow, great idea. This would be great for having a rooftop garden or something along those lines. ^_^

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:38 AM
Wonderful Idea, thanks for this.

Also, in regards to the pot, I know people clone rugs for things, like flowers, and they can be stepped on, would that not work for pots? Not the kind of modding I've done so not sure if that's practical.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1102
genius idea. i haven't tried this in the game yet, but i believe the reason why your sims couldn't harvest or tend the plants is because the pots are flagged as disallowing intersection with sims. so the tiles the pots reside on are made not accessible to sims. an invisible version of the plot should be easy to make. but to fix the other problem, a small change needs to be made to the particular pot you use to grow the plants in.

i would imagine that so... it is a pot, so yeah, your Sim wouldn't exactly be intersecting with it unless it was badly made or if the footprint allowed your Sims to "walk" through it... or any of those other modding terms. LOL

so if someone could make pots just for this type of gardening (roof top, balcony, patio, deck, etc), you'll definitely have a fanbase already.

DDO
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#13 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 5:11 PM
Very good mod! THank you

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 10:09 PM
Than you very much. I had tried to build roof green houses (no problem there) and with the moveObjects cheat place the soil in them. You know what happened. Now i will be able to do it. Great.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd May 2007 at 1:04 AM
Thanks. Needed this a lots. :D

Do I need to use both version?

Will the versions conflict if I use both?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2007 at 6:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding140674
Thanks. Needed this a lots. :D

Do I need to use both version?

Will the versions conflict if I use both?


no, use only one of them
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th May 2007 at 3:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1102
no, use only one of them


^_^ Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th May 2007 at 8:52 AM
Thanks for this fix. Before that, I made many high gardens and it was boring to see plants growing up in the air !

If grey matter were more pink, the world would have less dark ideas...
Si la matière grise était plus rose, le monde aurait moins les idées noires ...
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th May 2007 at 5:24 AM
I am actually having a problem with this. I made a temp new sims 2 game so it would be vanilla. But the problem even occurred in the vanilla game.

Even when I have either of these ( yes not both at the same time ) .... the plants are still up in the air. They are like midway between the floor and the ceiling.

I have tried it using both files. It didn't work for either of them. And again I didn't have both files in my downloads folder at the same time either.

Has anyone else encountered it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th May 2007 at 3:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNUGGLES
I am actually having a problem with this. I made a temp new sims 2 game so it would be vanilla. But the problem even occurred in the vanilla game.

Even when I have either of these ( yes not both at the same time ) .... the plants are still up in the air. They are like midway between the floor and the ceiling.

I have tried it using both files. It didn't work for either of them. And again I didn't have both files in my downloads folder at the same time either.

Has anyone else encountered it?


Do not use the tool in the gardening section of the build catalog. Instead, use the one found in Buy catalog under miscellaneous/miscellaneous .
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 7:23 AM
Quote:
one of the them also gives an even bigger quality bonus to plants planted on plots fertilized with compost.


Question about the boost. How does it normally act in the game? For plots fertilized with compost, they don't get bonuses at all? Or they do get a bonus, and your hack just makes it an even bigger one?

I think it's the latter, but I just wanted some clarification. Thanks.

Cheers!


Ste
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:25 PM
normally, plots fertilized with compost get a slightly bigger quality bonus than bags. the second version makes compost much better than bag fertilizer
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 7:37 PM
Don't know how I missed this, but I'm thrilled to find it!

Thanks bunches!
~Roxanne
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:57 AM
Has anyone tested this with FREE TIME?
Page 1 of 2