MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Plants Mod - No Quality Loss Due to Weeds, Bugs, Snow and Overwatering

by mike_1102 Posted 25th Apr 2007 at 5:57 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM by mike_1102
26 Comments / replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
A complete collection of my mods, including those never published here on MTS2, can be downloaded here. http://cid-ca240b77438128c2.skydriv...0for%20TS2?uc=2
==========================================================

I always hated it when I had to constantly disrupt my sims' sleep in the middle of night because weeds started growing on my garden and I just can't stand seeing those downward arrows beside the happy faces. Also I've noticed that sometimes orchard trees wake up from their dormant state too early in the spring before the snow is complete gone and their health just starts plummeting right away.

Requires Seasons
Compatible with AL, FT, BV and Seasons


Of course, your plants still get the positive quality bonus when your sims tend and water them. If they don't, the plants will stay healthy, but just won't get any healthier.

This mod works equally well for orchard trees.



You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 2 Seasons
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Mod NoQualityLoss.zip

Size: 867 Bytes · Downloads: 24,224 · 25th Apr 2007
867 Bytes 24,224 25th Apr 2007
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
  • Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
 
26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:40 PM
Awesome! Now if I could get my hands on a mod that didn't make my whole plant disappear after harvesting (how much sense does that make?), I'd be set! Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia Theb
Awesome! Now if I could get my hands on a mod that didn't make my whole plant disappear after harvesting (how much sense does that make?), I'd be set! Thank you for sharing!


thanx for the idea. i think i'm gonna work on it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:09 PM
Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Pat
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 11:24 PM
That's quite a good idea. However I like the pride that comes with my pants being the healthiest thay can though hard work - so I'm not going to download, but I do like the fact you've made it.

well it's funny you should ask because i do think rod is gay.
i always have. but, you know; i figured if he wanted to tell me he would.
so, yes, definitely, i would say that my buddy rod is a closeted homosexual.
nicky! how could you say that about me?
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 3:49 AM
wow wow wow\


great , great, thank you thank you
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia Theb
Awesome! Now if I could get my hands on a mod that didn't make my whole plant disappear after harvesting (how much sense does that make?), I'd be set! Thank you for sharing!


I agree that this is a great idea!

I don't *think* I'm going to download this one though, because I think I rather like that I have to work hard to keep my plants healthy. I may cave and come back for it later though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM
I also agree that this is a great idea. Right now, I like having my sims work in the garden, especially the kids, after school when their fun motives are down. I'm just glad to know that such a hack exists and will definitely download as soon as I'm sick of gardening, so thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1102
thanx for the idea. i think i'm gonna work on it!

ooh! plants that don't disappear! this is one of my Seasons wishes, too. because once you harvest a plant, in real life, they don't disappear... and you don't have to keep buying seeds over and over. your garden mods are very handy! :D

DDO
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM Last edited by daysies : 26th Apr 2007 at 9:54 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherSparky
I don't *think* I'm going to download this one though, because I think I rather like that I have to work hard to keep my plants healthy. I may cave and come back for it later though.

I have TwoJeffs' perfect gardens hack that prevents weeds because weeds never appear. I already played a complete round of Seasons without any mods so I got quickly tired of pulling up weeds, spraying, talking to, and watering my gardens. It's a great mod, regardless! It'll fit someone's style of gameplay.

DDO
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thank you!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 6:44 PM
Thanks for the mod, do you know a mod that lets you buy a harvesable plant because that and this one would be great. Thanks once more for this mod/hack.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd May 2007 at 12:52 AM
Moderator
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 5:23 AM
This is great - thanks for sharing

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 9:35 PM
Thank you for all of your hard work and helping us Gardeners. I enjoy playing as realistic a game as possible, but there are times/occasions when reducing repetition is more important.
To add to the realisim, i wish for a mod that removes the Freshness Bonus from Produce/Fruit/Fish when added to my fridge for cooking. I love gardening, but my sims end up with WAY too much food, and it fulfills hunger WAY too much.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:09 PM
Is it compatible with Freetime?
Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:03 AM
um yeah i would very happily ad smileys and that stuff but it doesent work yes i do know how t extract and download blah blah blah yes i have seasons, and if u have any suggestions pleasesend a message cause this suckss having to enturupt my sims i always have to cheat!
BugMeNot.com
#18 Old 26th May 2008 at 6:05 PM
I would like to point out that the plants still die if you don't harvest on time.

Fail! (but not epic fail because there's much good in this mod)
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:46 PM
Hey this mod is great! Do you think you could also create a mod that makes it so that you don't need to care for (water/weed/ect.) all the plants in the game (the seasons plants AND the base game plants)? So that who ever has the mod always has a prefect garden? If you could, that'd rock! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggygirl962
Hey this mod is great! Do you think you could also create a mod that makes it so that you don't need to care for (water/weed/ect.) all the plants in the game (the seasons plants AND the base game plants)? So that who ever has the mod always has a prefect garden? If you could, that'd rock! <3


Such mod already exists. Try searching for the TwoJeff's perfect garden hack mentioned by Daysies above your post.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:15 PM
OMG THANK U SO MUCH now my medevil pesents won't go hungry
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:08 AM
THANKYOU!!! i love the gardens in sims but i cant run them without my plantsims talking to them :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 8:16 AM
if sims 2 wasn't so old i'd ask if we could make one that just made only weeds not affect them, that way you'd still have to work somewhat. i'm harvesting a whole farm of plants and sadly during the harvesting the plants went from thriving to sickly so profits declined as harvesting took place, so downloading now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:19 PM
merci beaucoup!!:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM
thanks man
Page 1 of 2