UPDATED! Star Trek rank insignia as accessories!
- the meshes have been updated; they now have a better shape and look crisper, but are lower in poly than before
- all UV maps have been updated so that they actually make sense to other people, and the textures have been updated accordingly
- the TXMT type has been updated so that the rank insignia no longer looks "garbled" from certain angles
- and last but not least, all rank insignia now have custom thumbnails in CAS and in game so you won't have to squint at a nondescript head to try to figure out how many pips it’s wearing
Well, I promised you rank pips for your Starfleet Sims, and here they are: Accessory pips for all ranks from ensign to captain, plus one insignia for non-commissioned officers. They are for adults (and young adults if you have University) and elders, and will appear together with casual and formal clothes and also with outerwear if you have Seasons. They can also be worn with other accessories.
Now, these pips are made to work with my turtleneck body meshes (which you find here for adults and here for elders), so if you use them with other meshes, they might look strange; for example, on a mesh that doesn't have a collar, it will look like the pips are floating in front of the neck. Just so you know that this isn't an error; it's impossible to make pips that look good with any and all collars at all times, so of course I've been selfish and have made a set that looks good with my stuff.
MESH_nixnivis_onepip.package: polys=50, vertices=124
MESH_nixnivis_twopips.package: polys=98, vertices=245
MESH_nixnivis_threepips.package: polys=146, vertices=366
MESH_nixnivis_fourpips.package: polys=194, vertices=487
MESH_nixnivis_ncoinsig.package: polys=46, vertices=19
- Tiggerypum, HystericalParoxysm and Dr Pixel, whose excellent tutorials have taught me everything I know about meshing for TS2 in general and accessory meshing in particular
- WesH for the Unimesh plugins
- Quaxi for
- The creators of Milkshape
- and, of course, Maxis
Female model: Hair by Dustfinger, eyes by Phobia+Sahrah, makeup by Bybu, skintone by me
Male model: Hair by AlfredAskew, eyes by Phobia+Sahrah, skintone by Astiees
Don't forget: If you like my work, hitting the "thanks" button or leaving a comment is a great way of showing it.
Accessory Type: |
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 363.5 KB · Downloads: 1,465 · 14th Jun 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)