Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

8 Recolours For TreZillah's 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

by VoVillia Posted 27th Jun 2007 at 9:15 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2008 at 5:22 AM by VoVillia
 
13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:03 PM
What were you THINKING!!!!!!De Loreans only came in grey for a reason,they were made of stainless steel.YOU DON'T PAINT DE LOREANS!!!!

Sorry for my yelling,i just got very angry when i saw this thread

ogfxdelo
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo95
What were you THINKING!!!!!!De Loreans only came in grey for a reason,they were made of stainless steel.YOU DON'T PAINT DE LOREANS!!!!

Sorry for my yelling,i just got very angry when i saw this thread


I know how you feel, but a while back, a friend of mine gave me some pics of DeLoreans and they were in a Dark Green, Dark Blue, and White.....

I also found out that some DeLorean owners have painted their DMC-12 Black, and DMC had made special Gold-colored ones too, but I think there were only about 50 of them made in Gold!!?!

One more thing, this was requested by many people back at Sims2Carsource!!!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 10:41 AM
@LUDO95, I've just tried 'Delorean' in Google images and there's white ones, red ones, black ones and gray/grey ones - all sorts still out there!... (lol) :D

Cheers VoVillia, these are great re-sprays - thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 7:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoVillia
I know how you feel, but a while back, a friend of mine gave me some pics of DeLoreans and they were in a Dark Green, Dark Blue, and White.....

I also found out that some DeLorean owners have painted their DMC-12 Black, and DMC had made special Gold-colored ones too, but I think there were only about 50 of them made in Gold!!?!

One more thing, this was requested by many people back at Sims2Carsource!!!


There Where only 3 Goleden Deloreans Made In 1983 Then They Stoped prodution

I'm Tony Montana!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picsarli
There Where only 3 Goleden Deloreans Made In 1983 Then They Stoped prodution


Really!!
I think that what my sources said was probaly a guess!!
I knew there was not more than 5 of them, but then my sources said otherwise??

Thanks for the correction!
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 11:49 PM
thare you go make a gold recolor!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 8:16 AM
I like the recolors! I understand why it was grey but I can't have all of my sims have gray deLoreans. I want variety, so I think some recolors would be nice.

Thanks for the recolors!

HAIR REQUEST: Long Curly Hair (i.e.: 01 & 02) for MALES (bld/br).
PAYSITES... BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID. >8D
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 4:04 AM
There was a guy who lived on the route I walked to my high school who painted his brown (and it didn't look bad)...

John H. Harris
The man behind STAR TREK: Tales of the Marshal Martz
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 10:27 PM
I've actually seen and sat in a real De Lorean, and you should never paint those things any color except: Silver, Gold, And Shiny Black. The De Loerans were just cars you really couldn't, and shouldn't customize.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:48 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 4:10 AM
Nice! There were actually 4 gold plated De Loreans made. They had "saddle brown" type of tan colored interior. Only one of the four had manual transmission. Thank you for this awesome "blast from the past" car!
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoVillia
I know how you feel, but a while back, a friend of mine gave me some pics of DeLoreans and they were in a Dark Green, Dark Blue, and White.....

I also found out that some DeLorean owners have painted their DMC-12 Black, and DMC had made special Gold-colored ones too, but I think there were only about 50 of them made in Gold!!?!

One more thing, this was requested by many people back at Sims2Carsource!!!


Actually there wehere only 2 official gold DeLoreans build. I know that one of them is in a museum, I think the other one was placed in a bank in Texas.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:52 AM
Need Mesh!