I don't get it either....unless it means they can swim in it?? Are the fishies in the pic decoration? I normally don't see them under the water only bubbles....(the reason I ask is I heard you should see them and some graphics cards don't cooperate...)
29th Jul 2007 at 9:32 AM
Last edited by niol : 29th Jul 2007 at 9:50 AM.
Thanks: 10597 in 115 Posts
1. Lol, this mod is to make the terrain water surface wavy like the swim-pool but not to make it swimmable. For the latter, may read the updated infos above... sorry for my lateness to give out.
2. My video card is not the latest high-end video card, so I've no pool mirror reflection in my game, so I can't know what it's like for EP5 users with latest high-end video cards. So, feedbacks on that possibility is highly welcome. Thanks in advance If you're EP5 or EP-higher users with latest high-end video cards and the mod doesn't work well, may wait for the next addition to this series which should work for most users as many as EP3 swim-pool for most users.
3. This is a global mod, so all terrain ponds will get the same changes.
4. As for the fish:
4a. If a video card does not support VS1.1 or simply the fish rendering, no fish.
4b. If the pond is not deep enough, no fish.
4c. If interfering mods exist, fish can be graphically silented or routinely disabled.
4d. If the pond water gets too opaque or dark, fish can be graphically covered.
29th Jul 2007 at 7:46 PM
Last edited by starman4016 : 29th Jul 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Thanks: 1 in 1 Posts
First I would like to say thank you so much for this mod! Its my new favorite! Second, I tested in game and when a pool is present on a lot reflections are enabled. I took a picture so you could see.
It seems sometimes the reflections "catch" on the water and stay there. After zooming the camera in and out the "catching" reflections seem to disappear. This could be related to my graphics card though.
*Edit For Picture*
This is what I'm talking about with the "catching" reflections. Otherwise everything is great!
*Yet Again Edit*
After several hours of testing I noticed that when I increase the size to an average sized pool the "catching" stops. I think this has something to do with the pond being smaller then the pool? Hopefully this will be my last edit lol
Sorry, I was too busy that I could only give out general responses yesterday.
1. Can you report the video card specs, so I can warn other users of such precaution.? please, thanks in advance
2. Have you installed gunmod's pool shader mod included in Chocolate Pi 's Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133383 ?
3. It can also be the result of video-card-shader conflicts. Please report game version run. Thank you again...
But, I'm definitely appreciated for your feedbacks... Thanks with a "typed" basket of fruit".
Thanks with a verbal "smile" for showing me the mod used for a terrain water pond without swim-pool... So, I can compare it with the latter post.
:jumping: Now, I'm stunned by the pix...! Something I estimated that may be a case to happen to EP5 users with a compatible video card for pool reflection when the mod is used with swim-pool built around the pond :D... But, according to your description, it's not running smoothly as the swim-pool... (Hopefully, some works can solve it?) I'd been waiting for >3 months for an answer...
Thus, it seems the mod is great for photo-shooting at least ...
Thank you very much with a virtual cup of tea of your likes...
there'll be variations on colouration and probably transparency and more.
After monkeying around I figured out how to trick the game into not making the reflections "catch"
It seems that if you put 4 small pool blocks on the furthest side of the lot and don't allow the pond water to pass the 4 blocks. It then tricks the game into thinking the pond is part of the pool, thus the elimination of "catching" reflections. Here is a picture to illustrate what I mean.
P.S. Thanks for the tea, I really enjoyed it! *gives tea and a cookie to Niol for all his amazing work*
31st Jul 2007 at 6:48 AM
Last edited by niol : 31st Jul 2007 at 6:54 AM.
Thanks: 10597 in 115 Posts
Oh thanks for your further reporting :dances for you:, so the swim-pool reflection is like the caustics animation, the activating codes are called when a pool product is on screen...
I'll see if I can I get yet another recolour-mod done for this cause...
But one may try Numenor(MTS2)_SphereMatte_Moi_sphere_023-CausticsGeneratorMaterial.rar and probably with
along with their meshes http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36604
to see this recolour-mod can do the same job as the swim-pool blocks...
Recolour-mods are basically graphical mods with graphical codes altering how the game presents the graphics. They may need a host such as a meshful object as in the case of Matte Sphere which I used as the host for my first recolour-mod. The effect is due to the recolour but not the object itself so that it's not an object mod. The influencing boundary will be on the screen boundary. So, use such recolour-mod(s) in this case the same way to use swim-pool blocks...
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.