Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Default Replacements of Oepu's maxis-match Skintones

by Sadisticpyro Posted 23rd Aug 2007 at 9:19 AM - Updated 8th Feb 2013 at 5:50 PM by Sadisticpyro : update
 
30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 8:31 PM
*orgasim*
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO
can u do eyes to?!?!:O:O
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 10:57 PM
I love you! Thanks!

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 5:34 AM
Thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:16 AM
Love it!!! Thank you SOO much!!


Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 2:55 PM
what will happen if ewe dont have the originals in game?
will the face be normal like that and the rest of the body be white with red and black coding all over it?
(i had that happen once)
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 3:06 PM
Oh, this is perfect--I'd been trying to do this myself for the past two days but just couldn't figure it out (default-ifying oepu's new skintones), so these are great!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 6:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim~obsessor
what will happen if ewe dont have the originals in game?
will the face be normal like that and the rest of the body be white with red and black coding all over it?
(i had that happen once)
Yeah, the same thing happened when I decided to slap on a default replacement add-on without the originals. If you want a more elaborate explanation for why the body textures don't show up, read HP's tutorial. :P
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 9:03 AM
They match my eyes I downloaded now. I've been waiting to see skin that matches the eyes. Thanks.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:45 PM
I love these skins! Any hope of getting a default for aliens too?
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:06 PM
Hey I've been using these default replacements, which I love by the way. Thank you for making these skins into defaults. But I noticed something the other day and last night thought to take a screen shot and ask about it. It looks to me that the bottom half of the fat texture on pale elder females is missing. Would this be an issue with your replacement package or the original skin?

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:05 PM
i want paler/lighter skintone of this to vampire sims & fair sims
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:06 PM
btw, thanks, i love the skintone (the nose i lovley)
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meska
Hey I've been using these default replacements, which I love by the way. Thank you for making these skins into defaults. But I noticed something the other day and last night thought to take a screen shot and ask about it. It looks to me that the bottom half of the fat texture on pale elder females is missing. Would this be an issue with your replacement package or the original skin?

[IMG ]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/dikh/missing.jpg[/IMG]

Huh, that's odd. I think it might have something to do with the shower texture for the original skin. Do you have all the original files installed? If not, that might be causing the problem. If you do, then it's probably the original files, since I didn't come across a shower texture while I was doing the defaults.
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 8:19 PM
i know i posted before but i was wondering latley
is ther a chance you can make a version with the lips tinted to match the skin tone? i personaly think it looks silly and distracting to have a dark skinned sim with pink lips...for females its ok but for men...not so much.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 2:21 AM
These are marvelous! Thank you! Just what I needed
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadisticpyro
Yeah, the same thing happened when I decided to slap on a default replacement add-on without the originals. If you want a more elaborate explanation for why the body textures don't show up, read HP's tutorial. :P


I'm really confused! I LOVE these, and it makes all the townies and maxis sims prettier, but when I entered the game to play the Summerdreams, everyone's skin was messed up and their heads were covered in numbers as in the screen shot someone posted here. I really want to use these, but I don't know what's going on!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vainasvelvet
I'm really confused! I LOVE these, and it makes all the townies and maxis sims prettier, but when I entered the game to play the Summerdreams, everyone's skin was messed up and their heads were covered in numbers as in the screen shot someone posted here. I really want to use these, but I don't know what's going on!

Pretty much the same here I dont know what's going on but by reading those posts^ im gonna try downloading the originals to see if that works. The skins are so gorgeous! I tried to create a sim but it screwed up not only with the hands but the clothes went a little wack too. So as Pyro said, im gonna download the originals. I can't wait to play these and thanks again ^_^!!

"Splaglio, Jagoof?"
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 7:18 AM
I want to second what sim~obsessor said. I posted on oepu's original thread about matching the male lips to the skintone, but nothing happened. I want to try doing it myself, but I don't know how I'd go doing that.

I have the right to act my shoe size.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:06 AM
Thank you! I haven't tested these out yet but I would like to have more manly lips for my male sims aswell. Too bad cause these look perfect otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 1:45 AM
thanks for the defaults from this skin I LOVE it so much.

Love The Sims Always
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd May 2009 at 12:39 AM
yooooooo i love these skins i'm so glad you made them into defaults! do you think there's any way you could make them non-barbie??

aero87 :bunny:
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:09 PM
Thanks for turning Oepu's skintones into defaults. I had the same issue as some of the people in the other posts, until I read the readme. I should have read the description... It's too bad that the originals still show up separately, as I like to keep the amount of CC that shows up in my game to a minimum. Maybe someone will be able to fix this.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
10th Dec 2010 at 1:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Emmielulu.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:30 PM
Why does the head work but from shoulders down they're black and white or whatever???
I love this skin help me fix it.
I downloaded what I think are the originals as well as this and its still not working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:33 PM
Why does the originals link not work? :'(
Page 1 of 2