Clean Bon Voyage 'Stealth' Neighbourhood
C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\V001 is the folder you need to access (assuming that you used the default install location, different install locations require a different path)
Make sure you make a backup, because once you use this, only a can restore it. This is VERY important to do.
Once you're in that folder, extract the package, and make it overwrite the old one. Then go into the Characters folder and delete EVERY file from inside.
This only works on a new neighbourhood. Once the game adds the 'Exotic Locations' part, then there'll be no tourists.
However, you must be cautioned once you load into a vacation lot after you use this. You'll get VERY bad lag as the game generates 48 new tourists. Once that's over, it won't need to load it again. As well, the tourists will not have the same family name, and the touristy clothes. They also might have different skintones when they're in a different household. (Each 'family' adds one child, one teen, one adult, and one elder. 12 'families' are made)
I strongly recommend you also get antiredundancy from MATY, since it'll stop tour guides being made for every lot visted, as well as unsavory charlatans. It'll make only the amount it needs (which is one)
This is still in testing.
The maxis_only file has the traveller family also incorporated into it. Same way to install. This time extract the folder after clearing the characters folder into the v001 folder
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.27 MB · Downloads: 597 · 17th Sep 2007
Size: 133.4 KB · Downloads: 871 · 16th Sep 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.