"Write In Diary" Pen Fix.
This is a fix for something that has bugged me in the game since it was first released.
Sims write in their diaries with a SCALPEL!
I could never understand this because Sims can use a pen perfectly well when completing a crossword in the newspaper. (And for signing in at a hotel now that Bon Voyage is out.)
I'm surpirsed that nobody else has fixed this before now because I'm pretty much a complete novice when it comes to BHAVs and didn't have any problems doing this. It was a simple case of altering the object instance that was being called.
With this fix placed in your Downloads folder your Sims will now write in their diaries with a pen!
I believe that this should be compatable with the base game and up but I'm not 100% certain because I made this with all Expansion Packs installed and with the Seasons version of SimPE. Hence why its here In Testing.
Please let me know if you try this in your game and find any problems. I have tested it in my game and had no problems. Sims still use the pen for the crossword and the scalpel for the medical career reward.
Many, many thanks to
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 520 Bytes · Downloads: 6,153 · 19th Nov 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2