No Sea Chanting, Please!
I made the mistake of letting ONE Sim learn the Sea Chanty while on vacation, and now there's an epidemic throughout the neighborhood -- it was driving me bonkers, so I went searching for something to stop the madness. Pescado has a nice one, but it stops all the vacation learned skills, which I didn't want. I love the hula and Tai Chi and even the slap dancing.
So, I made this one. It does not stop your Sims from learning the Sea Chanty or from singing it while on vacation or if you direct them to sing it. However, they will no longer do it autonomously every single free moment they have.
If you're sick and tired of your Sims singing the darned song... then this file will help. Just place it in your downloads folder.
If you ever decide you want them to do nothing but sing the chanty, simply delete the file from your downloads folder, and your Sims will continue to sing their little hearts out.
Hope this helps somebody.
I forgot to mention: After you install this mod, and you go check your lots, if the Sims there were already in the Sea Chanty loop, they'll continue until they finish the song, and then they'll be quiet.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 876 Bytes · Downloads: 3,456 · 13th Dec 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4