-Reworking the Maxis Workout Clothes- Default Replacements
I've been stuck in a rut, I can't seem to get ahead in any of my projects so I spent the entire afternoon working on these. I wanted to be able to say I FINISHED something. (Its finished when I can present it to you) Originally I had decided against making replacements for these outfits, but then I realized I still dread having to pick them out for my sims, so that needed to change. I like the Men's Athletic outfit, so I didn't touch it, I honestly couldn't figure out a way to improve it. The ladies outfits, on the other hand, were the worst stuff ever. I could never figure out a good way of fixing them but I finally decided not to let that stop me, halfway through making the coloring template it dawned on me. This new color scheme is applied on the teen, adults, and elders outfits.
These are DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS, meaning, when you place them in your downloads folder, they will act as Maxis clothing, completely replacing their counterparts. This includes sims currently wearing them. If you want to remove mine and return to the maxis versions, just delete my package from your downloads folder. Btw, if you want your clothing catalog images to reflect these changes, delete your thumbnails folder: C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. The game will generate new ones. If you want not default versions, check out this thread of mine.
The outfits that May and Arthur are modeling are also in my Athletic wear category, thanks to one of my Catalog Edit mods. (Everything Version, Athletic Only Version) These outfits are available for both Adults and Elders. Their color scheme has been bugging me to make them when I try to fall asleep, so I partly did them so I can hopefully get to sleep faster, so need it right now too... Anyways, they are called 'Sweats' and the shoes also got fixed. Jeez they were ugly.
The last set of outfits that got changed were the Teen 'Hip Sweats'. Sephira and I had some strong words over this change. My argument was that I didn't want her wearing something that shows her midriff. Her argument was 'You are ruining my life'. After a couple of slammed doors, she finally went and put on a longer undershirt. I approve, I hope you do too. You will also notice that she has stopped being so obsessive with her shoes and gave up wearing the ugly ones.
P.S. Leave me a note, k?
Sephira will get over it. And if she doesn't that's too bad for her. No bare midriffs in my house!
No Style: None of the below styles
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.43 MB · Downloads: 12,448 · 2nd Feb 2008
Size: 1.22 MB · Downloads: 12,945 · 2nd Feb 2008
Size: 884.1 KB · Downloads: 15,985 · 2nd Feb 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5