Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Objects) - Updated 2008/11/23, Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray
2008-11-23: Updated to v1.0e. Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray.
As of NL, many Maxis small objects like vases or table lamps work as "centerpieces". If you put one of those centerpieces on a dining table, Sims can still use that table as an eating surface. (Sims won't put plates on it when they're Serving a Meal from fridge, though.)
However, a lot of Maxis small objects are not valid centerpieces, despite their small size. For example, every single object from Happy Holiday Stuff doesn't work as a valid centerpiece. (See the screenshot above.) If you put one of those invalid centerpieces on a dining table, Sims will refuse to use that table to dine on. (Like the tables on the back patio at Crypt O'Night in NL downtown, where small candles prevent Sims from using those tables.)
This mod makes nearly all Maxis small objects up to Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack to function as valid centerpieces. If there are missing small objects, please let me know.
It does NOT work for custom objects.
- Decorative: small decorative objects (sculptures and plants)
- Dish: plates, bowls, platters and cakes
- Electronics: some small electronics
- Lamp: table lamps
Required EP: NL or later. Even if you don't have any EP, it will work if you have at least one SP. (Except for Happy Holiday Stuff)
Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
(Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)
Technical Stuff: Valid centerpieces have "CT - Allow With Food" BHAV. If you want to make custom objects to work as valid centerpieces, extract one of BHAVs from this mod and add it to the custom object. Change the group of newly added BHAV to 0xFFFFFFFF, otherwise your custom object will work as a hack! Make sure to adjust Instance number to prevent resource conflict.
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 3.5 KB · Downloads: 52,972 · 25th Mar 2009
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4