No More Wanting Maxis Jobs
This mod will be useful for anyone playing a medieval hood, or possibly victorian, or futuristic, or any other theme where the Maxis jobs are inappropiate. This is also useful for self-contained hoods that don't allow 'money from nowhere' as the job's paychecks don't subtract from anywhere else in the hood. It's also useful if you are just tired of being plagued by Job Wants clogging your wants bar.
This does mean that there will be a TON of repetitive LTWs. There aren't actually that many that don't pertain to jobs. As far as I can tell all Knowledge sims will want to Max out 7 skills, Romance will either want to Woohoo 20 sims or have 20 Lovers, Family will only be Golden Anniversary, have/marry off kids/grandkids, Popularity is limited to 20 Best Friends I think, and Fortune is only $100,000 and 5 Top Level Businesses. It's a stiff price to pay, but I'd rather be boringly repetitive than break my simmies' hearts.
This mod does NOT prevent your sim from getting a job, it just prevents them from wanting one. I haven't run across any problems with it yet, but this is my first wants mod, so issues or oddities might arise. Let me know and I'll see what I can do about them.
Vironin (CtfG) for basically telling me how to create this entire mod.
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Maxis Content Hiders
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 9,665 · 30th May 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2