*Picky Fix* Remapped Burglar Boots Now With Trenchcoat Boots Too!
This download I offer today is to fix something which many will probably find trivial and never bother about. I however DO bother about it and thought there might be others like me out there. Hey, there have been with my past picky fixes.
This download is a set of replacement meshes for the burglar outfit with altered UV mapping on the boots. I haven't altered the shape of the meshes in any way what so ever. All I have done is moved the UV mapping on the feet a bit because of this:
It bugged the heck out of me when a Sim of mine who had just been promoted to Mime (Entertainment career from FreeTime) went to work wearing an outfit with faulty boot highlights.
This is how the boots will look after you install my download:
Its not perfect but no longer stands out as being wrong! Who gets this close to feet in normal gameplay anyway?
It should override all instances of the burglar outfit for adults and elders of both genders whether worn by a Sim working as a Mime or by the actual burglars. If it causes any problems in your game then let me know in the feedback comments below.
Don't upload this file to any other site!
Random Fact: For anybody who is interested, I orignally tried to fix this issue by correcting and replacing all of the required textures but that didn't work out as compressed them too much which made them all blurry. This fix only occurred to me over a week later.
Alternative: Emo/Goth/Punk etc
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Trenchcoat boots
Size: 257.8 KB · Downloads: 546 · 3rd Feb 2009
| Burglar boots
Size: 389.5 KB · Downloads: 855 · 5th Jul 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.