Teen/Adult Stay-In-Love Hack for Freetime
I made this hack because I never really liked it that Sim teens would grow up and fall out of love with their girlfriends. It's debatable whether that's more or less realistic.
When Freetime came out, I had big hopes that it would change this. Freetime allows you to grow three townie friends along with your Sim when he/she transitions to the next age.. Teens turning to adult, though still fall out of love.
Not anymore! The StayInLove hack retains teenage love and crushes after a Sim grows to adulthood. And since, with Freetime, your teenage Sim boy can grow up his townie girlfriend simultaneously, they never fall out of love and are ready to get engaged and/or married immediately after blowing out the candles.
Here is Ricky Roundtable and his three girlfriends. The one in the red shirt is his current Going Steady girlfriend. Note the thumbnail pics at the bottom. Ricky's time is up, and he's becoming an adult.
Freetime, as usualy, asks for a list of three friends of Ricky to age up with him. We will pick all three of his girlfriends here.
Ricky is now an adult in a pink shirt, moping about his not going to college. Also, all three girlfriends are now adults, as well, and as the thumbnails at the bottom of the pic show, he is still in love with all three. BUT there is a difference -- he is no longer going steady with Martina.
Ricky asks Martina for engagement, and she accepts. The other two will freak out after he kisses her, which isn't pictured here.
Also not shown here: Any teen loves that don't grow up simultaneously will still be in mutual love with our new adult sim. However, they won't be able to interact romantically because the basic game doesn't allow teen/adult romantic interactions, which is fine by me. That isn't the point of this. Teens with crushes on adults CAN, though, become JEALOUS, which is your problem, not mine.
By Doc Doofus
This is designed for and was tested with Sims 2 Freetime installed. It may be compatible with other EPs, but I won't make any guarantees. If you don't have Freetime, try it at your own risk (although I suspect no problems.)
This might not be compatible with Inteen. In fact, it very likely isn't. I don't know.
Unzip the DOOFStayInLove-Freetime.package file into your "EA Games/The Sims 2/ Downloads" folder. It should automatically work the next time you start your game.
How to Use/What it does:
When your Sim teen grows up to adult, he will stay in love (hence the name) with any girlfriends he had. If they grow up to adult with him (one of the nicest features of Freetime), then they will grow up to adult together and still be in love. Which was the whole purpose of this mod. I didn't like having to make them fall in love again.
If your teen Sim (or any of his friends that grow up to adult with him) was Going Steady with another teen, the Going Steady icon will go away. And they won't be going steady anymore. Obviously. But they will still be in love.
If your Sim teen grows to adulthood by leaves a girlfriend behind as a teen, she and he will still be in love or have a crush. However, they won't be able to interact in a romantic way because those teen-adult interactions are not allowable in the standard game, and I'm fine with that, myself. However, teens and adults in love can still become JEALOUS of others, which can lead to slaps and flaming dog poop on the porch.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 37,137 · 6th Jul 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2