Widescreen CAS Camera fix (all games)
The view will be slightly off when first switching between modes, but you can simply zoom in or out to get a better view of whichever part you want. In full body mode, zooming out will show the full body including shoes, etc. Zooming in will then go to a relative closeup of the face, on the OTHER side of the UI widgets. You can see this in the screenshots below.
In face closeup mode the face will initially be partially obscured by the UI widgets, but you can zoom in to get the full view of the face on the left. Zooming out will low you to see most of the Sim's body, again on the OTHER side of the widgets (again, see screenshots).
There are two files. If you have the PETS expansion installed download the one named labelled for Pets.
If you don't have PETS installed, download the other one (CASCamera.rar). That one will work with any expansions (including none at all).
(note: the PETS file includes the camera data for pet creation, but as I don't use PETS, I have not fixed those views for widescreen monitors, they are included only for compatibility.)
In your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ folder there is a subfolder named Cameras. In that folder, there is a file named CASCamera.txt. Bakcup that file, then replace it with the CASCamera.txt from the file you downloaded.
Thanks to Gunmod, whose camera config files I used to figure out what the different numbers meant.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
PETS - CASCamera.rar
Size: 944 Bytes · Downloads: 43,944 · 12th Jul 2008
Size: 854 Bytes · Downloads: 30,152 · 12th Jul 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3