Compatibility Update 08/31/22 - Walk to Lot Fix - Translations Welcome!
Added a separate update for compatibility with Chris Hatch's Community Time Mod. If you have this, please download "zzz_walktolotfixBVonward_CommTimeCompatibility.zip" and make sure it loads after Chris Hatch's mod. The only thing modified was the string that asks "Who Needs a Ride" the other added strings are Chris Hatch's. If you don't have this mod, you don't need this file. Feel free to download WalkToLotFixBVOnward.zip. If you do have Chris Hatch's mod, please remove my mod and add the compatibility file. Make sure to have my compatibility mod load AFTER CJH_Commtime.
Updated on 7/1/22
WalkToLotFixBVOnward.zip now contains translations for all the requested languages in one package file. If you already downloaded the main or translated version, simply replace this file with the one for your game by removing the older version and placing the new one where you downloaded the older version. If you already have the language you need, you do not need to re-download this file.
The languages included are:
Polish - Special thanks to CatofEvilGenius!
Dutch - Special thanks to Leenetje!
Swedish - Special thanks to Capricce!
Danish - Special thanks to JuniorVinDahl!
Italian/French - Special thanks to Fafy!
Spanish - Special thanks to Soulfulwriter/Luisete!
Portuguese BR and PT - Special thanks to BrazilanGirl!
Finnish - Special thanks to KEISARIPOIKA!
Russian - Special thanks to HYDRO1ST!
What does this do?
This mod fixes the "Who needs a ride" dialog box when sims are walking to a community lot with their group/date. This will also change the dialog box when sims drive in their vehicle. So I came to a happy median and decided to change it to "Who's coming along?" which is much more logical. Because who, of all people would need a ride offered to them if they are walking?
Translations are greatly welcomed and will be updated ASAP if any come through. I have only changed the English and UK English. I do speak French and Spanish, but not that well.
You will either need to have:
If you have Nightlife, and any proceeding expansion packs up to Seasons only, this fix may not work for you, and won't be needed. Although I did find the Nightlife one in the Objects.package file (in the BV folder), but I wouldn't see why anyone would want it fixed, because it would be obsolete for those with Bon Voyage, FreeTime, and/or Apartment Life.
I would like to thank MenaceMan44 for telling in which file to look. But searching for the dialog was a pain! However, I got through it, thankfully. And now it's been fixed for those with Bon Voyage and onward. (BV/FT/AL) And I am spent!
CatofEvilGenius, Leenetje, stEEp, Caprice, JuniorVinDahl, Fafy, Soulfulwriter, Luisete, BrazilianGirl, KEISARIPOIKA, and HYDRO1ST once again for their translations.
The creators/devs. of SimPE, otherwise people couldn't fix EAxis' mistakes.
Viewers like you!
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Compatibility File for Chris Hatch's Community Time Mod with Above Translations - Use if you do have CJH_Commtime and please remove WalkToLotFixBVOnward. Make sure to have my compatibility mod load AFTER CJH_Commtime.
Size: 20.6 KB · Downloads: 43 · 1st Sep 2022
| Contains the following language updates English/Polish/Dutch/Swedish/Danish/Italian/French/Spanish/Portuguese(PT/BR)/Finnish/Russian
Size: 26.0 KB · Downloads: 2,673 · 1st Jul 2022
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)