World of Warcraft Elven Eyes
This all started when I realized I couldn't find any decent eyes for any of my Sim versions of my WoW related characters. So I made them. None of the eyes are a solid color (even the silver night elf eyes) mainly because those eyes just look miserable.
First off, before I get any kind of comments about it, here's some lore as to why there's so many colors (all of this is gathered from http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main ) :
Concerning High Elves:
"Their eyes are incredibly intense in color, seeming to glow with an inner light. While many high elves have blue or green eyes (ex. Alleria) (ToD 117), violet and red are not unheard of. (WoWRPG 36 )"
As a note, I did not do green versions of the high elf eyes because they're waaay too close to blood elf eyes.
Concerning Night Elves:
"Female night elven eyes glow blue while male's eyes have an amber glow to them."
"Among night elves, gold-colored eyes, as opposed to the traditional silver, are a sign of inherent druidic potential. Among the class-obsessed night elves who lived prior to the War of the Ancients, gold eyes were rare, and thus viewed as a sign of underlying greatness. Queen Azshara and Illidan Stormrage, both extremely powerful sorcerers, had golden eyes. The night elves became vastly more egalitarian since the War's end, abandoning their former obsession with bloodlines, and thus, gold eyes are now far more common. In addition, druidism spread throughout night elven society, and many night elves develop gold eyes after birth if they practice the art.
Though gold eyes are a sign that the individual has a natural ability for druidic magic, it does not mean that all gold-eyed night elves become druids, or that silver-eyed night elves are unable. Malfurion Stormrage himself was born with silver eyes, and developed golden eyes only after studying druid magic. His own brother, though born with golden eyes, lacked the patience to succeed in the art."
In other words, it's entirely possible for female night elves to have golden eyes or even for males to have silver. Please, by all means do whatever with them!
Now, for the good stuff:
As a note where the red one is concerned, I like to use the red eyes for Dark Rangers, since they tend to have eyes like that. X3
I'm also aware my nelfs don't have pointed ears like the high elves... it's because this set is part of a WoW-based collection I'm working on and I havn't gotten to skins yet. :P
I use a LOT of custom content for my Sims, and unfortunately a lot of it gets lost to the wayside due to me not being able to find the original creators. I'll put due credit to those that I know for certain, however.
Most (if not all) of the hair was done by the lovely people at XMSims. http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/main/index.htm
All of the skins (except for the ones on the night elf models) were done by the amazing Enayla. http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=40418
I've however, lost track of who did the skins the night elves have... please, if you know who did them, tell me so I can credit them!
The ears are recolors of Ren's elven ears: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=177232
Recolored by KatieKirby: http://hideki.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=21961
If you have any other questions or anything, feel free to ask. ^^
Also, BIG thanks to the people here on MTS2!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 97.1 KB · Downloads: 13,162 · 22nd Aug 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)