Excell Exteriors Bay Window System - Set #2 - Ground Set **Base Game Compatable**
UPDATED 24-5-2019 - Fixed repository issues.
Apparently, I forgot to include one of the meshes in the .rar file. I have corrected this now, and those who are downloading for the first time can just download the 'Ground Set' file and it will be complete. For those that have already downloaded them, I have included the missing file as a seperate .rar.
Expansion set for my own Bay Windows Set . With this set, you will aslo be able to build over multiple stories.
Build multi-level extensions, conservatories, or even a tower! The possibilities are almost endless...
This set requires my Excell Exteriors Bay Window System - Set #1, as they use the reposatory method for their textures, and the master object is contained within Set #1
Bay: Main Base
Bay: Left Base
Bay: Right Base
Bay: Main Extension Base
Bay: Main Ext Left Base
Bay: Main Ext Right Base
Bay: Left 90 Corner Base
Bay: Right 90 Corner Base
Bay: Left 135 Corner Base
Bay: Right 135 Corner Base
Bay: Door Base
Plus ALL Diagonal meshes.
Overlaps: There are, in some places, slight 'overlaps' on the inside. This was needed to ensure certain parts meet up with no gaps. It was either that, or making many more seperate packages, to account for any possible combination. It is objectionably prefferable to have slight overlaps here and there, to have a stupid amount of similar windows, making the package count huge, and building very difficult.
Pathfinding: Because your Sim's, along with the game, will not recognise with there being anything protruding from the wall, they may end up, if their path dictates, walking 'through' the fronts of the windows as they walk 'past' them, parallel to the wall. I don't mean they will walk through them to go from outside to the inside, but 'along' them on the outside. This doesn't affect gameplay in any way. I am working on two methods currently to counter this, one is to change the footprint for the windows, the other is to make a small object, placeable 'infront' of where the wall would be, so that the game will register there being an object in the way, and small enough to be hidden inside the base of each window. The former seems the better choice, and once I perfect it, I will update this upload.
Neighbourhood: This has been the bane of this set. I have tried for the better part of a week to get these to show in the neighbourhood, with zero success.
Cloning: No, sorry. I have spent too much time on this set.
Recolours: By all means, I activley encourage it. I built this as a 'base' set. Using the basic maxis brick and standard roofs. But will be very happy to see others recolour this set, to match other roofs/wallpapers. I will at somepoint try to update this, and make the roofs and walls recolourable seperatly, but at the moment, they are all in one texture. (I was concentrating on functionality first). I tried to make the texture/uv map as simple as I could. A few notes: If recolouring the wooden parts, take note of the direction of the grain and location of the shading. Same applies to the roof tiles. You only need to replace the texture in the master object, which is located within set 1 of these set(s). When uploading, just upload the recolour packages and direct people here for the meshes.
I look forward to seeing what comes out of this set.
Lot Uploads: If you want to use this set in your uploaded lots, please link back here for credit for the windows. Include them by all means, just link here incase I update the set.
Software/Resources Used: Milkshape
Amapi 7 Designer
MTS2 and their staff/members. Special thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. May it live to The Sims 3 and beyond!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 597.8 KB · Downloads: 331 · 24th May 2019
Size: 8.4 KB · Downloads: 8,008 · 27th Aug 2008
Excell Exteriors - Bay Window System - Ground Set.rar
Size: 592.0 KB · Downloads: 9,321 · 27th Aug 2008
Size: 3.1 KB · Downloads: 9,133 · 25th Aug 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)