Testers Wanted: Natural Christmas Tree, Gifts, and a Red one for pippi420
Anyway... I thought the Maxis Christmas tree looked shabby, so I decided to do something about it. Since the gifts and decorations do not have a color option (yet!) I had to make a Replacer package for those. I wanted them to have a more classical, less technicolor look.
If you install either the natural tree or the red tree (I don't like it, but hey, it was requested and there I was) you'll get additional color options for the tree.
If you install the Presents file, this will temporarily replace the color of the decorations and presents. To get back the Maxis original colors for the presents and decorations, you'll have to remove my file from downloads. I included a text document in the so you'll be able to remember which file to remove if you want the Maxis colors back for the gifts and decorations.
Oh, on the decorations I did replace the tiny pictures of Jesus and Mary with tiny pictures of Santa and and Elf. This may tick off some people, so I thought I'd mention it. I'm a secular person.
Pictured below are my "natural" tree with both my replacement decorations and gifts and the Maxis originals, and also the (I still don't like it!) red tree.
EDIT: Miss Puff posted another nice more natural-looking tree here:
Some more nice trees by viky can be found by scrolling down this thread:
Pics are in order:
My "natural tree" with my decorations and gifts
My "natural tree" with Maxis decorations and gifts
My red tree with my decorations and gifts
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
RGiles Xmas Tree and Presents.zip
Size: 602.2 KB · Downloads: 17,991 · 6th Mar 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4