Testers Wanted: Transparent Floor Tile Set
The 5th item in the file as a frost-covered partially transparent tile. I thought some of you might like it. However it DOES break compatibility with Homecrafters Plus. If you do not remove this tile from your downloads before you try to create or edit a floor tile in HCP, the program will crash. I'm still trying to correct this and of course I'll share any improvement I can make with you. But I thought some might like it for Christmas. It does look pretty cool in the game.
As far as I can tell so far, reflectivity and shine do not work on floor tiles at all. Applying the regular mirror reflection material to floor tiles gives a very freaky effect... it reflects your ground cover material, and the reflection moves as the camera does. It gives the effect of an extremely-well camoflaged house and makes me nauseous. I did not include it in this package. There are new setting for reflectivity in wall packages, though, so I'll keep experimenting.
EDIT: If you put any of these directly on the ground level, you'll get blue-tinted bright colors and bright blue shadows. It's ugly. They are meant to be placed at least on a foundation.
EDIT by MTS2 Staff: If you are interested in these transparent tiles, you might want to check the "Double-Sided" (i.e. visible from underneath, too) transparent tiles - downloadable from Post #126 - that also don't crash HomeCrafter.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
rgiles transparent tiles.zip
Size: 102.0 KB · Downloads: 82,217 · 24th Dec 2004
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8