Testers Wanted: Black Metal Grate Floor (by request)
And guess what? It does not crash HomeCrafter Plus, and shadows cast on it do not make the grate texture disappear. The method I used on this one is definitely better than on the previous transparent tiles, because not only does HCP not crash on load with the tile installed, it also won't crash if you try to clone it. The clone will lose transparency and won't be very useful, but at least HCP doesn't just give up and close. So I'll be updating the previous ones to use this method as soon as possible.
I'll also be putting together a mini-tutorial of the stuff I've learned in making these. It's not hard... easier than doing an object recolor once you have the right Material Description format to start with, which I'll upload. But it may take me a few days to get that posted. I've been working on a really time-consuming project with Quaxi and Numenor, and I don't want to delay their work because I'm off doing something else.
As always, let me know if you have any problems... and don't try putting it on the ground floor unless you like neon teal shadows.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 88.8 KB · Downloads: 4,636 · 26th Dec 2004
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2