Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)
It's basically designed to let people easily clear the cache and identify problem content.
This tool has 4 main tasks:
- To easily show you which games you have, whether or not they have a full framework, and to browse to that games root folder.
- To show you the contents of the Sims 3 cache files, and clear them
- To show you all of your custom content in .package format, and display any "corrupted" files, or Sims 2 content, or stuff that just plain wont work.
- To fix any problems with corrupted files, empty files, generally broken files, and allow you to fix conflicts yourself
How do I use it?
Download and unzip the file. Run the Sims3Dashboard.exe file within.
You need .NET Framework 3.5 to run this.
Can this file help me identify files that cause my game to slowdown?
Yes, it can. Any "bad" files are identified in Red and can be selected using the "Select Corrupt" button.
Can I move/rename/remove custom content using this tool
This is not a full featured download organiser, however it does let you disable custom content entirely from the list - this is used for corrupted stuff.
Will this identify incompatible mods, or outdated mods?
No, it won't. It's up to you to keep track of which mods work with which versions of your game.
However, it will detect "conflict" mods (marked as Duplicate) that basically conflict with another mod you have. It will also detect Empty packages.
I ran this tool but it didn't tell me I had any problems!
This tool only identifies particular issues - not everything. So if you have issues, and have nothing in red in this tool.. well thats what we have a help forum for.
Is this compatible with World Adventures?
Can I launch my game using this?
No, you can't.
Comments / Questions
Post a feedback post. Error messages, please copy paste the dialogbox into a reply.
Greatest necro bump ever. Over a decade between releases!
HystericalParoxysm, leefish, HugeLunatic, Bakafox and emhpb for testing.
Operating System: |
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
CC Managers: Tools for installing and managing custom content, custom music, custom paintings etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 80.8 KB · Downloads: 756,917 · 1st Jul 2022
Size: 83.8 KB · Downloads: 2,504 · 1st Jul 2022
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 90