MilkShape Plugin : Cat's Sims Mesh Mirror
This MilkShape plugin makes a whole body clothing mesh from a half mesh, or a two shoe mesh from a one shoe mesh.
- mirror about X=0
- correct normals
- correct bone weights (left and right)
- correct front / back faces
- does NOT alter UV (use UV Flip)
Download, unzip, and put the file(s) in your MilkShape folder.
Look in the MilkShape Vertex menu for Cat's Sims Mesh Mirror.
1) Create a mesh for the right side only (or left side only), such as half a body mesh or one shoe. Make sure the normals and bone weights are set as you wish.
2) In the Groups tab, select the 1/2 mesh group and duplicate it with CTRL-D. (The duplicate is now selected.)
3) In the Vertex menu, select Cat's Sims Mirror Mesh. You now have two mesh groups, a left side and a right side.
4) Right now, the two mesh groups have identical UV maps. They use the exact same parts of the texture. This may be what you want for shoes, but maybe not for clothing. If not, adjust the UV map now. You can use the UV Flip plugins for this.
5) Now you can merge the left and right side mesh groups into one mesh group with Regroup. Don't forget to update the group name and comment.
Huge thanks to wes_h for the original MilkShape Unimesh plugins, and for helping me learn how to make plugins. Thanks to the makers of MilkShape.
Operating System: |
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Meshing Tools: Tools and utilities helpful to meshers.
Milkshape: Plugins for Milkshape 3D
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 8.3 KB · Downloads: 2,680 · 22nd Jan 2012
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2