MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BKE Iron Flips Casuals

by terriecason Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 1:42 AM - Updated 29th May 2011 at 5:05 PM by terriecason
19 Comments / replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Relaxed, casual style. That's BKE!

Well, they started out being BKE but the idea kind of went off course. I think the flip flops are somewhat recognizable though. Enjoy!

Ages: Teen, Young Adult, Adult
Gender: Male
Clothing Category: Everyday, Swimwear

Update 5-29-11: The flip flops have four recolorable areas now (The top inner area and the bottom sole have individual color channels) and I've included another flip flop design to the package. For those who downloaded the previous version who would like the updates download the new file and place it in the same area that you put the original. A window will pop up asking for permission to replace the file. Click 'Yes'.

Four Recolorable Areas
Channel 1 - Top Outer Area
Channel 2 - Top Inner Area
Channel 3 - Upper Sole
Channel 4 - Bottom Sole


The texture on the top of the flip flop is part of the multiplier however textures from CASt can be used as well.

Additional Credits:
Alfred Askew and Nouk for Adrian's hairstyle and collin2 for converting it for The Sims 3.
TumTum for the necklaces worn by my models.

Special Thanks:
Daluved1 for her help with Photography 101 for The Sims 3 and for the Fancy Fingers 2.0.

Hair: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=398815
Necklaces: http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/...d-bracelet.html, http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/...ies-set004.html
Fingernails: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354024
Tags: #shoes, #flip flops, #bke, #designer

Age: Teen Young Adult Adult
Gender: Male
Clothing Type: Everyday Swimwear
Style: Sandals
Maxis Flags: Not Applicable

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
TLC_BKE Iron Flips-Teen.zip

Size: 619.6 KB · Downloads: 7,413 · 16th Apr 2011
619.6 KB 7,413 16th Apr 2011
TLC_BKE Iron Flips.zip

Size: 623.1 KB · Downloads: 9,147 · 16th Apr 2011
623.1 KB 9,147 16th Apr 2011
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Quick Guide:

1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.

For Package files:

1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).

For Sims3Pack files:

1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).


Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.


Need more help?

If you need more info, see:
 
19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:04 PM
Nice.

What's up with the model in the first pic? He's bare-chested, but with the tank-top mesh. It looks very weird.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:52 PM
Thanks, they are very cool looking. Nice work! And Thx, for sharing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:08 PM
yahoo1234, the model is not bare-chested. He's wearing a transparent tank top that has a pattern in CASt applied to it. Thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome, olympia and thank you for your comment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:49 AM
Hey, these are great. Who says that men can't wear flip flops? Oh, by the way, how did you get the men's feet to look like that? I want that texture. It looks more realistic than what I'm using.

Thanks!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 1:00 AM Last edited by terriecason : 19th Apr 2011 at 5:50 PM.
Quote:
Hey, these are great. Who says that men can't wear flip flops? Oh, by the way, how did you get the men's feet to look like that? I want that texture. It looks more realistic than what I'm using.

Thanks!!

Hi Panther559,

Thank you for the feedback for the flip flops. The explanation to your question is a little complicated. At first I've would have told you easily that it was Bloom's Sexy Feet Replacement but it isn't. Actually these are feet from Peggy's (PeggyZone) skintone: http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Objec...00_00&page=last

However, the skintone you see on my model isn't completely hers. I "Franken"skined her skintone with another: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=13191.0

I took Tummyza's upper body (hairy chest, stomach, arms) and forged them with the lower body of Peggy's skintone (groin, hips, legs, and feet). My male models' hands, "nips", and naval are also from Peggy's skintone. You see, I liked Tummyza's hairy skintone upper body but I didn't want to use the lower portion because it had too much hair on it IMHO. Also, Tummyza's skintone has hair on the hands and feet which I didn't want on my male sims. In the meantime, the Peggy skintone I'd been using practically since the game came out was no longer an option if I wanted to use EA's muscle slider when it was released. I wanted to be able to adjust my sim men muscle range and I couldn't do this with her skintone because her skin already had defined muscles (I tried it anyway and it didn't look so good). So I opened up S3PE, Photoshop, and TSR Workshop and commenced work on Frankenskining my own skintone to be what I wanted it to be and came up with this. I thought about asking Tummyza and Peggy for permission to upload the skintone for those who might be interested but I figured it would be difficult to contact them and I wouldn't know where I could submit the skintone to share it with others. I'm really sorry about that.

If you know how to modify/make skintones and have the above programs (you can use CTU and another graphics program if you don't use or have Photoshop) you can merge Peggy's lower body features to the skintone you are currently using.
S3PE: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...u17&topic=189.0 CTU (says the creation is unsupported so be careful about its use): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926

If you are interested you can get Bloom's Base Sexy Feet Replacement file here: http://bloomsbase.net/index.php/dow...gory/5-sexyfeet
I downloaded his sexy feet file for my sims which was why I thought initially that the feet in the pixs were his. Keep in mind that these feet will replace EA's default feet and you will need to register as a member to get them.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriecason
Hi Panther559,

Thank you for the feedback for the flip flops. The explanation to your question is a little complicated. At first I've would have told you easily that it was Bloom's Sexy Feet Replacement but it isn't. Actually these are feet from Peggy's (PeggyZone) skintone: http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Objec...00_00&page=last

However, the skintone you see on my model isn't completely hers. I "Franken"skined her skintone with another: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=13191.0

I took Tummyza's upper body (hairy chest, stomach, arms) and forged them with the lower body of Peggy's skintone (groin, hips, legs, and feet). My male models' hands, "nips", and naval are also from Peggy's skintone. You see, I liked Tummyza's hairy skintone upper body but I didn't want to use the lower portion because it had too much hair on it IMHO. Also, Tummyza's skintone has hair on the hands and feet which I didn't want on my male sims. In the meantime, the Peggy skintone I'd been using practically since the game came out was no longer an option if I wanted to use EA's muscle slider when it was released. I wanted to be able to adjust my sim men muscle range and I couldn't do this with her skintone because her skin already had defined muscles (I tried it anyway and it didn't look so good). So I opened up S3PE, Photoshop, and TSR Workshop and commenced work on Frankenskining my own skintone to be what I wanted it to be and came up with this. I thought about asking Tummyza and Peggy for permission to upload the skintone for those who might be interested but I figured it would be difficult to contact them and I wouldn't know where I could submit the skintone to share it with others. I'm really sorry about that.

If you know how to modify/make skintones and have the above programs (you can use CTU and another graphics program if you don't use or have Photoshop) you can merge Peggy's lower body features to the skintone you are currently using.
S3PE: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...u17&topic=189.0 CTU (says the creation is unsupported so be careful about its use): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926

If you are interested you can get Bloom's Base Sexy Feet Replacement file here: http://bloomsbase.net/index.php/dow...gory/5-sexyfeet
I downloaded his sexy feet file for my sims which was why I thought initially that the feet in the pixs were his. Keep in mind that these feet will replace EA's default feet and you will need to register as a member to get them.


Well, I have Bloom's now, and it's cool, but in the socks and everything, you still see the separation of the toes, which is a bit unrealistic so that's the only drawback to using these now (not taking away from it whatsoever though). I use them now, and the legs, but again, it's just the whole thing with the feet being the way it is.

Well, thank you so much and unfortunately, I don't know a thing about doing custom content, so that's why I Just ask others.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 3:06 PM
Panther559, If you are using EA's skintone I could attach the feet to it and send it to you if you like.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriecason
Panther559, If you are using EA's skintone I could attach the feet to it and send it to you if you like.


Actually, I'm using Kanno's Moonlight Skin for the male skins (http://www.modthesims.info/d/369427) and Navetsea's F-IN01 TS3 default replacement FULL FAMILY v2 for the female skins (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434787). Although, I would definitely take this and be more than happy to substitute, as I'm definitely one for realistic looking feet.

I appreciate it in advance!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:30 PM Last edited by terriecason : 17th May 2011 at 3:43 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther559
Actually, I'm using Kanno's Moonlight Skin for the male skins (http://www.modthesims.info/d/369427) and Navetsea's F-IN01 TS3 default replacement FULL FAMILY v2 for the female skins (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434787). Although, I would definitely take this and be more than happy to substitute, as I'm definitely one for realistic looking feet.

I appreciate it in advance!!


Hi Panther559,
The skintones are enclosed in the .zip below. I didn't want you to use EA's pasty skintones with nice feet so I went the extra mile to give you something better. Don't forget to remove the current skintone files you're using and delete all cache files from The Sims 3 folder.
Enjoy.

Decided to included a version of the skintone that had the body only option for the female skin. You would need to get a face skintone that is available or use EA's default face skintone for this file.

Update: I created one .zip file to include everything. I've also made some improvements with matching the female face complexion to the body so there are no creases on the neck. Male skintone does not have a face included. This male face skin works great with the skintone enclosed (I use it myself): http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Objec...00_00&page=last
There is a shaved (completely hairless) version if you do not want any hair on your male sims. Choose only one male body file (can't use them both as each are default files, sorry )
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip TLC-Male(Body Only) & Female(Body&Face) Skintones.zip (8.99 MB, 58 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th May 2011 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriecason
Hi Panther559,
The skintones are enclosed in the .zip below. I didn't want you to use EA's pasty skintones with nice feet so I went the extra mile to give you something better. Don't forget to remove the current skintone files you're using and delete all cache files from The Sims 3 folder.
Enjoy.

Decided to included a version of the skintone that had the body only option for the female skin. You would need to get a face skintone that is available or use EA's default face skintone for this file.


AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! Thank you so much for making this for me. They are absolutely fabulous! Using them now as we speak.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:02 PM Last edited by terriecason : 25th Jul 2011 at 9:18 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther559
AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!! Thank you so much for making this for me. They are absolutely fabulous! Using them now as we speak.


I'm glad the skintones worked out so I'll throw in another AWESOME for that.
I forgot to mention in the .zip that the female body also has additional equipment that can be used with it. I have them and I wanted to keep these files so when I worked on the female skintone I made sure that these files would fit well with it. I have all expansion and stuff packs and haven't experienced any problems using any of these files.

This makes the top portion more realistic and is a default as it replace the game's adult female showerproof top: http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172962
Please keep the skintone you are using as the skintone and this file work together.

These are clothing option files that provide the same effect as above that can be found in CAS. The CAS thumbnail will have bloom written on it and the file is found in everyday, sleepwear, swimwear, and athletic: http://nene.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172963

I'd like to thank Base1980 for making these and since he made all of the files I recommended you can find his work here: http://nene.sexysims2.com/member.php?u=1035421

I have to say this again Panther559 for propriety sake since more than you and I can read this but you must be at least 18 years old to peruse this site.

I forgot to add this info but these files will add shine (a healthy glow) to your skintone. Download the IncreasedSkinShine file. This is an addition to your skintone so you don't want to remove the skintone you are using: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343769
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriecason
I'm glad the skintones worked out so I'll throw in another AWESOME for that.
I forgot to mention in the .zip that the female body also has additional equipment that can be used with it. I have them and I wanted to keep these files so when I worked on the female skintone I made sure that these files would fit well with it. I have all expansion and stuff packs and haven't experienced any problems using any of these files.

This makes the top portion more realistic and is a default as it replace the game's adult female showerproof top: http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172962
Please keep the skintone you are using as the skintone and this file work together.

These are clothing option files that provide the same effect as above that can be found in CAS. The CAS thumbnail will have bloom written on it and the file is found in everyday, sleepwear, swimwear, and athletic: http://nene.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172963

I'd like to thank Base1980 for making these and since he made all of the files I recommended you can find his work here: http://nene.sexysims2.com/member.php?u=1035421

I have to say this again Panther559 for propriety sake since more than you and I can read this but you must be at least 18 years old to peruse this site.


And I must say a HUGE THANK YOU for revamping my Sims total outlook. You have made a BIG difference in my gaming experience now. I was wondering how I was going to get the look of realism, and I never knew about the bloom showerproof top replacement, as that would definitely be a realistic thing for the women. This is another addition to our AWESOME list!!

Thanks again for everything!! You are definitely favored on my list as we speak!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2011 at 5:58 PM
You're welcome, Panther559 it was my pleasure and I'm pleased to be included on your favored list. :D
Banned
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th May 2011 at 11:29 AM
ooooooh so downloading
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th May 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thank you, AnnabelCrazy. Enjoy the flip flops.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 5th Nov 2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Adding Grammar
Hello, I have a request for male sandals. I have searched and searched for regular sandles that don't go inside the toes and have not found any of them anywhere! I call them rainbow sandals because of how the leather goes over the top of the foot. I can link a pic, here you go: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...btULYa5yDpBDi19

I do not want any symbols so that I can recolor them to look like simple leather sandals. If you want to make a re-texture of it with a symbol, that's great too. I would also like this for all ages and both genders if possible. Also I don't like heels, all heels must die! Flats are what I prefer.

Here is another example for simple sandals: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...5zAl103WbGGzfz7

If and when you decide to do this, please mail me the link... Pretty pretty please do this for me!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:53 PM
Hello Okalanit. I've just had the opportunity today to read your post. I sent a PM to your inbox in response to your request.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 6:02 PM
I was looking for flip-flops for teens and these look awesome! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 5:24 PM
You're very welcome, MiniMimi. Enjoy.