Testers Wanted: Outside Burglar Alarm CASE
Would you test this for me? Made with v.27, so Uni ready, and unique GUID. Basically, its a currently a NON functioning Burglar Alarm for the OUTSIDE of your building. Because it's cloned from the Maxis alarm, it has to be placed INSIDE a room on an outside wall. . The green light flashes during gameplay (not in buy mode) to tell you it's NOT working!
I have made the mesh so that the Alarm shows on the OUTSIDE of the building...only drawback, - because it's the opposite way round from a 'normal object - the catalogue generates a picture showing the BACK of the alarm, not the front! (-see pic below and inside the file).
Thanks to dilandauluv5 for the info regarding the game cheat... ... doesn't work ... yet :weep: ...
[EDIT: Apparently the burglar alarm uses its GUID in the Global Behaviours in order to work... so if anyone out there knows how to edit those to make this work (because it has a new GUID).. please let me know...then i might be able to get it working (though I've never edited behaviours in my life...so ANY help would be well appreciated - thanks, Bob****[EDIT]
Anyway, it's NOT recolourable - neither is the original Maxis Alarm- (though you could always replace the texture files using if you really wanted a different colour/language)
Please let me know if you have any problems with it....
thanks for testing
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 21.1 KB · Downloads: 4,500 · 8th Mar 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2