MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Draped Cardigan Seperated

by VentusMatt Posted 1st Oct 2015 at 12:41 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2017 at 5:27 AM by VentusMatt
23 Comments / replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Updated
I fixed the solid textures to better match the original tops textures, added shadows and added a thumbnail to find the top more easily in cas.

Just like to say that this is my first mesh ever and I hope you guys like it.

If you're like me then you wished that the cardigan outfit was available as a top.


Well now it is. I removed the shorts and raised the draping as well as flared it out a bit.
There are some issues with it since the draping is lower then your standard top.
First off it doesn't work well skirts or shorts that flair out to much. ATM those are the only two bottoms that flair out to much for it.
The second issue is that the clipping with flared bottoms can become worse depending on the sims hip to thigh ratio. This is only a probably with those two bottoms.

The next issue is that when sims sit there is slight clipping. There is no way for me to fix that without completely removing the draping effect.
Certain actions may also experience clipping but it is from my experience that only actions that requires a lot of movement will have it, like yoga.

Since I had to alter the texture and how the mesh reads it I didn't edit all 5 original textures, instead I edited one and recolored it to match as close to the other colors. I also included 8 ombre textures.

It can be found under sweatshirts and jackets for Everday and Party and available for Teen-Elder. Randoms not allowed. I also didn't included color categories for the ombre textures.

My TOU

Polygon Counts:
LOD0 4360
LOD1 2630
LOD2 1600
LOD3 749

Additional Credits:
-Sims4Studio
-Blender
-EAMaxis
-Paint.net

Age: Teen Young Adult Adult Elder
Gender: Female
Clothing Type: Everyday Party Wear
Clothing Style: Modern
Other Type: Not Applicable
Maxis Flags: Not Applicable
Outfit Type: Top

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
VMattDrapedCardiganTop.zip

Size: 2.32 MB · Downloads: 2,817 · 17th Nov 2017
2.32 MB 2,817 17th Nov 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
 
23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 9:32 PM
Awesome! So nice to see this up after you worked on it so long! Beautiful!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:11 AM
Very cool - This works great as a stand alone top, glad you thought of it. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:10 PM
Thank you so much for this. I love this top and hated not having a separate top version. You are so awesome! Favoriting this. Can I put you as a favorite artist?
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:46 PM
Uh sure O.O
Favorite me if you wish ^^

Check out my Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:19 AM
wow nice thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:36 PM
Thanks so much. Been looking for a smooth working one~ I like to layer clothes!
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:32 PM Last edited by VentusMatt : 4th Oct 2015 at 1:51 PM.
Someone else made an edit of this too? If I had know I probably wouldn't of made this

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:40 AM
I'm not sure if it's because of my game version or what but I downloaded this because I loved it but when I went to CAS to put it on my sim, when I went back to play it made my sim cast a strange shadow like thing. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about and I also don't know how to take a screen shot type thing to show you. Do you think you could help me? I'd love to keep this in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 3:56 AM
Hello and thanks for making this. I have also needed this as a top without the shorts! I'm also wondering wcif the hair style you used? The model is very pretty
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2090
I'm not sure if it's because of my game version or what but I downloaded this because I loved it but when I went to CAS to put it on my sim, when I went back to play it made my sim cast a strange shadow like thing. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about and I also don't know how to take a screen shot type thing to show you. Do you think you could help me? I'd love to keep this in my game.


Hi there, I'm not sure if I know what you mean but to take a screenshot you press the C key in game, you can also press it in cas. A picture would be very helpful for me to understand is happening

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentusMatt
Hi there, I'm not sure if I know what you mean but to take a screenshot you press the C key in game, you can also press it in cas. A picture would be very helpful for me to understand is happening



I've got the screenshots now but I don't know how to make them smaller. The upload information thing is telling me they are too big to be attached. Again sorry, I'm not very savvy with how to do the screenshot thing on here, so it may take a few questions and responses before I can actually get them up for you. But I have them.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2090
I've got the screenshots now but I don't know how to make them smaller. The upload information thing is telling me they are too big to be attached. Again sorry, I'm not very savvy with how to do the screenshot thing on here, so it may take a few questions and responses before I can actually get them up for you. But I have them.


Sorry. Took a few minutes to figure out how to get them to the accepted size and I'm sorry they're so small. Hopefully you'll still be able to see what I'm talking about though.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 12:41 AM
By shadow effects in cas I assume you mean the shadowing that would appear around the collar, sleeves, and hem. Like the clothes themeselves are casting them. For this I actually removed the shadowing because it is tricky and doesn't always accept any changes made to it.

As for the live mode problem I haven't experienced that before. What are your graphic settings?

Check out my Simblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightAerith
Hello and thanks for making this. I have also needed this as a top without the shorts! I'm also wondering wcif the hair style you used? The model is very pretty


Ty and the hair is by Nyloa and can be found at the link below.

http://nyloa.tumblr.com/post/122262...edit-hi-here-is

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 1:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentusMatt
By shadow effects in cas I assume you mean the shadowing that would appear around the collar, sleeves, and hem. Like the clothes themeselves are casting them. For this I actually removed the shadowing because it is tricky and doesn't always accept any changes made to it.

As for the live mode problem I haven't experienced that before. What are your graphic settings?



I didn't and still don't notice any strange shadow effects in CAS. The only strange shadow effects I notice are in Live mode. My settings are on the medium quality setting. And I've never noticed the option before but whatever Post Processing is that box is checked.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 4:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2090
I didn't and still don't notice any strange shadow effects in CAS. The only strange shadow effects I notice are in Live mode. My settings are on the medium quality setting. And I've never noticed the option before but whatever Post Processing is that box is checked.


Did Post Processing help and I plan to look into it because I didn't notice anything weird during my testing but maybe I missed something.

Check out my Simblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 7:03 AM
Also for posting pics on here you can change the pic format by opening them in Photoshop, Paint.net, and even Paint and selecting "save as" and changing them from .png to .jpg, as a .jpg they will have a smaller byte size without you having to sacrifice the pic size.

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 7:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentusMatt
Also for posting pics on here you can change the pic format by opening them in Photoshop, Paint.net, and even Paint and selecting "save as" and changing them from .png to .jpg, as a .jpg they will have a smaller byte size without you having to sacrifice the pic size.


Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and have to remember it for future reference.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 5:42 PM
AWESOME! I hate the full body one & always used it for the top :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 3:04 PM
thanx :-p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
My favorite
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
My favorite
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
My favorite