MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Eternal Night in Forgotten Hollow [Updated]

by TwistedMexi Posted 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:17 AM - Updated 15th May 2017 at 2:54 AM by TwistedMexi
68 Comments / replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Want to be able to roam your neighborhood at any hour without worry? After all, a vampire should be king of their domain. Go for a "snack" when you feel like with the eternal night mod for Forgotten Hollow!

This mod disables the sunlight from burning any vampires in Forgotten Hollow.

UPDATE:
Thanks to a breakthrough, this mod is now truly 100% night time. There is no sunrise or sunset animation.

To install, just open the download and copy the package file to your Mods folder.



If you'd like to support me and my future mod development, please refer to my signature or profile.


This mod overrides the following resources and any mods overriding the same ones may conflict.
Resources:
51E7A18D_00000011_000000000002526F
A680EA4B_00000000_0000000000023B12

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.27.80.10
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Tmex-HollowEternalNight.zip | Makes vampires safe at all hours in Forgotten Hollow

Size: 787 Bytes · Downloads: 26,347 · 5th Feb 2017
787 Bytes 26,347 5th Feb 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:51 PM
I was getting annoyed when my teenage vampire showed sun warnings while she was at school. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:23 PM
Thank you so much..Now just wish there was away to make the police and other jobs only at night so they could do the science and police and other jobs that you can wonder around.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:36 PM
Another cool game mod by you yay.... so gonna use it! Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:10 PM
Fantastic mod, works just great in my FH game play. However, I have a question for you.

Is this possible to be done across all the worlds? The idea of a Vamp controlled world amuses me. Would be great to have this as a toss in mod for when I am playing a Vamp controlled world and remove when playing a more human like world. (But I would be ready to move my humans into a Vamp controlled world in a heart beat.) I'm a rather avid fan of the White Wolf World of Vampires and the ideas are rather inspiring.

Again, thank you for this. You have made my Grand Master Vampire a very happy Mistress.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:13 PM
Well it was nice for awhile til I noticed my sims needs bars disappeared..lol OOo well better get my vamps leveled up so they do not bust in to flames..lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianetti
Fantastic mod, works just great in my FH game play. However, I have a question for you.

Is this possible to be done across all the worlds? The idea of a Vamp controlled world amuses me. Would be great to have this as a toss in mod for when I am playing a Vamp controlled world and remove when playing a more human like world. (But I would be ready to move my humans into a Vamp controlled world in a heart beat.) I'm a rather avid fan of the White Wolf World of Vampires and the ideas are rather inspiring.

Again, thank you for this. You have made my Grand Master Vampire a very happy Mistress.


This is actually on my todo list.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenda772
Well it was nice for awhile til I noticed my sims needs bars disappeared..lol OOo well better get my vamps leveled up so they do not bust in to flames..lol


Strange... do you have other mods installed that may be conflicting? There's nothing in this mod that should cause the needs to disappear. (It only edits the world's resource file)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
This is actually on my todo list.


You are a godsend! The fun ideas aspiring indeed. Reminds me of the book and TV series The Strain. Reason why the sun doesn't affect the vamps much. Fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
Strange... do you have other mods installed that may be conflicting? There's nothing in this mod that should cause the needs to disappear. (It only edits the world's resource file)


Sorry about that the new so called fixed Succubus mod stole my bars.. All fixed thanks for your mode. Now just have to keep the Grand Vamp from inviting my Vampires to a beach party and burning up. I build a inside hang out so I can hire a inside DJ so I can still Dance with him..lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 11:05 PM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianetti
You are a godsend! The fun ideas aspiring indeed. Reminds me of the book and TV series The Strain. Reason why the sun doesn't affect the vamps much. Fantastic!


Heya, the daywalker mod is now live: http://www.modthesims.info/download...589559&posted=1

If you'd prefer one that makes all worlds night-time, I can do that as well.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 1:06 AM
Thank you always for all of your great creations!
Instructor
#13 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:45 AM
I just started a new game in Forgotten Hollow with your mod yet the sun is out in FH right now, as my sim moved into the starter home. Anything I missed?

The Truth is out there!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:11 AM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:32 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanja1986
I just started a new game in Forgotten Hollow with your mod yet the sun is out in FH right now, as my sim moved into the starter home. Anything I missed?


As my thread states, there is still a sunrise and sunset cycle but the sunset starts as soon as the sunrise ends. The sun is also completely harmless to your vampires. The sun should only be out for a few hours before and after Noon.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:05 AM Last edited by heidi137 : 5th Feb 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Thank you very much for this super mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 11:38 AM
Love this mod, would it be possible to make this for Newcrest? It has more spaces to make a whole village of gypsies and vampires rather than a few spaces like in the Hollow. I like the new town but its rather small and for my story purposes wanted a bigger village.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 4:33 PM
This is fantastic. But a question -- would it be possible to not eliminate, but to extend night time hours in the other worlds so they're the same as the vanilla night hours in FH? Anyway, great job on this! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
Heya, the daywalker mod is now live: http://www.modthesims.info/download...589559&posted=1

If you'd prefer one that makes all worlds night-time, I can do that as well.


I been having fun with the Daywalker mod but would love the all night-time world as well. I can see use of both options in different saves. You are making me a happy Demi-Simmer Goddess. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianetti
I been having fun with the Daywalker mod but would love the all night-time world as well. I can see use of both options in different saves. You are making me a happy Demi-Simmer Goddess. Thank you very much!


I've got an idea for it, I want the mod to be a little more versatile than per world packages so it'll take a little bit. If it goes smoothly, probably upload later today.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
I've got an idea for it, I want the mod to be a little more versatile than per world packages so it'll take a little bit. If it goes smoothly, probably upload later today.


I'll certainly be stalking in anticipation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:08 PM
Waiting for eternal night in Newcrest ^,..,^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:05 PM
awesome :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:59 PM
Thank you so much for this! I was a bit disappointed when I realized Forgotten Hollow didn't already have eternal night!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:59 PM
Thanks for this great mod. Even when it was sunset my vamp would start to burn when she went to garden.
Instructor
#25 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 11:30 PM
I love the mod and thank you for the explanation @TwistedMexi, but I personally would love if it truly was eternally night, I mean with no sun at all, just darkness all day and night long. But I suppose that's not possible, ins't it?

The Truth is out there!
Page 1 of 3