MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ghosts Can Have Babies!

by PolarBearSims Posted 31st Oct 2017 at 7:59 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2021 at 2:20 AM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 9/5/19
70 Comments / replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Works with patch: 6/29/21 <-- No Changes needed

PANDORA SIMS stole one of my mods! Please read spoiler to see what you can do!

I don't mind if you make changes to any of these files in any of my mods as long as it is PERSONAL USE ONLY
Continue Reading:
THANK YOU

Updates: 12/1/19<--Keep up with the mods most recent updates!
Always remove old and replace with the new file.


I was talking with fellow simmers Sobenewbie and Zebstrika over on Discord and they mentioned about ghosts being able to be in relationships and get married but couldn't have kids. I myself see why they can't but I also like having them get pregnant too just like my fellow simmers do. I had never played a ghost in the game and rarely ever saw one so they helped me out by answering all my questions I had about the ghosts and so I offered to create this mod!

I did some research and was unable at the time to find a mod that allowed ghosts to try for baby and get pregnant. All I was able to find was cheats to try to get it to happen. For me thats to much of a hassle lol

Special Thanks to: Sobenewbie and Zebstrika for all your help over at Discord!

What does this mod do?
This unlocks the interaction "Try for Baby" for ghosts so they can to get pregnant

If you want your ghost to have a surprise pregnancy you can use my Risky Woohoo

Common Questions:

Why isn't the babies ghosts?
The game doesn't have a ghost shader for babies since babies are unable to die.

Any mod that changes the same XML files will conflict!
XML's Used:
S4_7DF2169C_00000000_0000000000006CB6

DO NOT REUPLOAD! and claim it as your own.
Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~


Additional Credits:
S4pe
Notepad ++
Sims 4 XML Finder

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Ghosts_CanHave_Babies!.zip

Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 41,276 · 1st Dec 2019
1.3 KB 41,276 1st Dec 2019
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 9:39 PM
Aaah this is so useful! I have a ghost who was brought back from the dead, but still seems to have the ghost trait attached and it prevents her from getting pregnant. I wonder if this will fix that. Thank you for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
Aaah this is so useful! I have a ghost who was brought back from the dead, but still seems to have the ghost trait attached and it prevents her from getting pregnant. I wonder if this will fix that. Thank you for sharing


Thank You! If you could let me know if she does

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 10:52 PM
Totally sharing on FB!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 9:18 PM
This mod is sooo cool. thank you for this one. This mod may seem like a bit much but could someone possibly create a mod for "miscarriges" in the Sims 4, i think it would make the game more realistic. similar to the Inteenimator in the Sims 2
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabamboo2
This mod is sooo cool. thank you for this one. This mod may seem like a bit much but could someone possibly create a mod for "miscarriges" in the Sims 4, i think it would make the game more realistic. similar to the Inteenimator in the Sims 2



LittleMsSam already made one, it's on her site, look in the gameplay mods section http://littlemssam.de
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 10:12 PM
This is great! now all we need are actual ghost babies and toddlers so we can have ghost families like TS3! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 3:09 AM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 4th Nov 2017 at 5:40 AM.
PANDORA SIMS stole one of my mods! Please read spoiler to see what you can do!

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 4:29 PM
Finally!!! *Maniacal laughter*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
This is great! now all we need are actual ghost babies and toddlers so we can have ghost families like TS3! :D


Ghost babies and toddlers would be so cute!

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
This is great! now all we need are actual ghost babies and toddlers so we can have ghost families like TS3! :D


I killed a toddler with MC Command Center and it turned into a ghost, so the texture does exist in the game. Wonder why it's in there...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocajava
I killed a toddler with MC Command Center and it turned into a ghost, so the texture does exist in the game. Wonder why it's in there...


It's the babies that don't have a ghost shader, so your ghosts will give birth to human babies.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:10 PM
great mod, but it doesnt work for me. The sims talk to one another and get excited, but then they say like something is in the way, and it stops there
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:44 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 12th Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiqa87
great mod, but it doesnt work for me. The sims talk to one another and get excited, but then they say like something is in the way, and it stops there


If they say something in the way double check that they can get to the location. I will also double check the mod

**EDIT: Something isnt right, not sure if its from the recent patch or not but its not letting them walk to the location. My risky woohoo still works and they still get pregnant from that so you can use that till I get this one figured out. Thank you for the report.

***EDIT: its a conflict. Not sure yet but this mod actually works the way its supposed to. Will let you know when I figure out the conflict.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:57 PM
UPDATE:

1/12/17 Change Log:
FIXED: There was a conflict with this mod and any mod that changed the same Try for baby files as my Personality Try for Baby Restricted did. Unfortunately when I tested for the newest patch it didn't show a conflict since nothing in this file was changed and it worked with out any other mods. I added a file to this mod that removes the conflict.

Thank you zaiqa87 for finding this issue. This conflict would of conflicted with each location that was changed in my Personality Try for Baby Restricted Add-On.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:20 AM
Hi I tried to use this mod but it seems to not quite work.
The 'Try for baby' icon is enabled with my ghost/sim couple so that bit works but the actual conception of the baby doesn't happen the game seems to register that they can now try for a baby but it always seems to fail
(which not for lack of trying, my sims have tried for baby 34 times, I'm exhausted for them).

I've gotten that little notification since installing that "A mod is out of date... yadayada" so maybe that's it?
Also I am trying this mod with a male ghost sim trying to impregnate a female (living) sim, it still has the enabled "Try for Baby" so I thought it should work but might this be an issue?
I also have Deaderpool's MC Command Centre & MC Whoohoo installed (but not any personality/pregnancy limits enabled) so might that conflict with this mod?

Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:48 AM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapickle
Hi I tried to use this mod but it seems to not quite work.
The 'Try for baby' icon is enabled with my ghost/sim couple so that bit works but the actual conception of the baby doesn't happen the game seems to register that they can now try for a baby but it always seems to fail
(which not for lack of trying, my sims have tried for baby 34 times, I'm exhausted for them).

I've gotten that little notification since installing that "A mod is out of date... yadayada" so maybe that's it?
Also I am trying this mod with a male ghost sim trying to impregnate a female (living) sim, it still has the enabled "Try for Baby" so I thought it should work but might this be an issue?
I also have Deaderpool's MC Command Centre & MC Whoohoo installed (but not any personality/pregnancy limits enabled) so might that conflict with this mod?

Thanks.


It shouldnt be out of date so im not sure why your getting that error, but I will take a look into it. Thank you

Have you tried it with just this mod and no other?

EDIT: what other mods are you using?

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
It shouldnt be out of date so im not sure why your getting that error, but I will take a look into it. Thank you

Have you tried it with just this mod and no other?

EDIT: what other mods are you using?


Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
No other mods, just have this one ('Ghost Can Have Babies!') and like I said 'MC Command Center' & 'MC Woohoo'.
And I only have the base game (if that's relevant, I don't know.)

It's a weird error, eh? Cause it's not like the sims refuse to complete/do the interaction there's just no baby at the end of it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:49 AM
Nice thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
I apologize for taking awhile to get back, I tested try for baby with a Ghost Male with a Human Female and I had a successful pregnancy.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Smashed Rat : 6th Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM.
So I isolated mods from my folder and discovered that this mod isn't working with MC Command Center or MC Woohoo, but worked with all my other mods.

EDIT: Also want to mention that I have the newest S4 patch, plus both this mod and MCCC & MC W are up to date.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 5:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Rat
So I isolated mods from my folder and discovered that this mod isn't working with MC Command Center or MC Woohoo, but worked with all my other mods.

EDIT: Also want to mention that I have the newest S4 patch, plus both this mod and MCCC & MC W are up to date.


Try it with out the mc woohoo. I have mccc with all modules except the woohoo and it works fine. Since I don't use mc woohoo anymore I can not verify on if there is a problem. I do, however, know that the woohoo module does conflict with all my other mods that deal with woohoo or try for baby.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
Try it with out the mc woohoo. I have mccc with all modules except the woohoo and it works fine. Since I don't use mc woohoo anymore I can not verify on if there is a problem. I do, however, know that the woohoo module does conflict with all my other mods that deal with woohoo or try for baby.


aw, shoot. thanks for the speedy reply!! i guess if anyone can recommend an alternative to mc woohoo so i can use this mod lemme know
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Rat
aw, shoot. thanks for the speedy reply!! i guess if anyone can recommend an alternative to mc woohoo so i can use this mod lemme know


Would depend on what you used mc woohoo for. Some of it is in other mods. I don't remember what all it does, I haven't had it in a long time.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:35 PM
All of your mods make my game so much more fun! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work with us. :)
Page 1 of 3