MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising
218 Comments / replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Working with Patch 1.80.69.1030 as of Sep 21, 2021
Updated to v.05 on Aug 26, 2021
v.05 Changelog:
  • Added 13 brand new Aspirations!
  • Overhauled the "Country Caretaker" Aspiration from Cottage Living, and moved it to the Animal category.
  • All Aspirations not in the Child, Location, Occult, or Star Wars categories now have the "Fulfilled" Reward Trait. Pre-existing Reward Traits have been moved to the Reward Store.
  • Changed the "Successful Lineage" Aspiration goal to "Have a Child Complete a Lifetime Aspiration."
  • Changed the "Academic" Aspiration goal to "Earn an Honors Degree."
  • Added more Party types to the "Party Animal" Aspiration.
  • Aspirations in the Star Wars category are now hidden until the Sim visits Batuu.
  • Added translations, primarily for the Chinese, Czech, French, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish languages (see Translation Credits file).
If anyone is up to helping with translations, I've started a document here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing

One of my main problems with Sims 4 is how the Aspirations work. Rather than being lifetime commitments like previous games, they're more like extended tutorials. At last for me, this resulted in shallow and one-minded gameplay. I also wanted Aspirations to be more challenging, it should not be a guarantee that every Sim completes their Lifetime Aspiration IMO. They're supposed to require some hard work, and maybe even a little luck.

So I set out to fix it! This mod reworks Aspirations to get rid of their multiple levels/goals. Instead, they now have only one goal. They also all reward the same amount of satisfaction points (5,000). The result is a game which doesn't just encourage following a single path, and makes Sims feel more individual. It also encourages exploring different areas of the game. I don't think I've played certain careers or done certain activities ever just because they weren't tied to an Aspiration, and this mod helps alleviate that issue.

My Sims used to be nothing more than digital Satisfaction Point slaves, but not anymore!

WHAT THIS MOD DOES
  • Changes all Aspirations to have a single goal, designed to take most of a Sim's natural life to fulfill.
  • Adds 38 brand new Aspirations to help round out the game.
  • Adds a new "Fulfilled" trait as a reward for completing Lifetime Aspirations, grants a permanent "Happy" moodlet." Old reward traits have been moved to the Rewards Store.
  • Adds an "Occult" Aspiration category, and moves all Realm of Magic/Vampires Aspirations there.
  • Most Aspirations grant 5000 Satisfaction Points upon completion, with the exception of the "Location" (1000 points) and "Occult" (2000 points) categories and Child Aspirations (1000 points).
  • Aspirations in the "Star Wars" category are now hidden until the Sim visits Batuu, and worth 1000 points.
List of new Aspirations:


KNOWN ISSUES:
  • When Sim ages up from Child to Teen, the Aspiration selection menu may show stock Aspirations in addition to the modded ones. Duplicates do not show after aging-up process is complete. (Investigating cause)
  • I've done my best to set each Aspiration goal so that it will take until the late Adult/Elder life stage to complete in normal gameplay (aka not just spamming interactions), but I can't really verify this without playing through every single one individually. Frankly, I don't have the time to do this right now, so I will very likely be tweaking the goals based on feedback and as I gradually work through each one.
FUTURE PLANS:
  • Constant evaluation of balancing for Aspiration goals.
  • Add translations for all languages (need help with this, details above)
  • Introduce brand new Aspirations which focus on often-ignored areas of gameplay (suggestions welcome!).
  • Possibly make "Location" Aspirations hidden until your Sim visits the relevant worlds (need feedback on this!).
PROGRAMS USED:
I ended up doing almost all of the work by hand-editing XML files, but Zerub's Mod Constructor V4 was very helpful in figuring things out. And, of course, Sims 4 Studio.

Type:
      Other

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Lifetime Aspirations v05.zip

Size: 1.30 MB · Downloads: 207,532 · 27th Aug 2021
1.30 MB 207,532 27th Aug 2021
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
218 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:28 PM
Default Missing athletic aspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by deareaper
hey, me too! but instead of Athletic, it's both Knowledge and Local categories that are missing


These are missing for me as well today. Is this mod maybe uncompatible with chinyu traits or any others?
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-e
Make sure that you've only installed the package files for the packs which you own, that can tend to cause issues otherwise.

And thank you everyone who's been posting mod compatibility issues here! I'm not sure whether I can fix any of them or not, but it's always nice to know.


It would be helpful if you listed the expansion/game/stuff packs and kits that came with new aspirations, so that people know if they have to look at the separated files or not. I had no idea that the Bust the Dust kit came with an aspiration, so I had the merged package in my mods folder. If someone doesn't have a particular pack, they might not be aware that the pack came with an aspiration that you've modded.

Mods rock my sox.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 6:22 AM
THANKS
Test Subject
#129 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:37 AM
Do you know if this mod would conflict with other custom aspirations? In particular MarlynSims has one related to retirement and some extra kids' ones that I want to keep
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:38 AM
This mod is great!...But the entire 'aspiration milestone' part of the child creative aspiration has disappeared? It's completely greyed out.
Test Subject
#131 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:24 AM
this is the only aspiration mod I ?believe? i use, so hard to keep track, but i'm rebuilding from scratch and noticed same problem. any help would be nice or needs to be updated since snowy escape?? anyways while in live mode you can't select/change to new aspiration w/o going all the way into CAS. appreciate any thoughts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#132 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigery97
Do you know if this mod would conflict with other custom aspirations? In particular MarlynSims has one related to retirement and some extra kids' ones that I want to keep

As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene1773
This mod is great!...But the entire 'aspiration milestone' part of the child creative aspiration has disappeared? It's completely greyed out.

I actually noticed this the other day myself! Just a small error in the code, I'm releasing a new version in a little over a week which will fix this (among many other things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipehitter24
this is the only aspiration mod I ?believe? i use, so hard to keep track, but i'm rebuilding from scratch and noticed same problem. any help would be nice or needs to be updated since snowy escape?? anyways while in live mode you can't select/change to new aspiration w/o going all the way into CAS. appreciate any thoughts

This is usually caused when files from this mod are installed for a pack you don't have. Double check the list of separate files in the Separate Files folder of the mod download. If you're 100% sure that everything's in order and you're still having the issue, try clearing your game cache. And let me know if neither of these work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#133 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 4:09 PM
I will be releasing a new update (hopefully) on September 1st! It will have 14 new Aspirations, including a revamp of those that Maxis has added since my last release. It will also include all of the translations that people have so graciously added to my translation document!

I'm currently working on adding all those to the game, but in the meantime I've gone ahead and added all of the new strings from the new update to the translation document. I'd love to get some of them translated before the update gets released, so if you'd like to help here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1444109227

Thanks!
Test Subject
#134 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-e
I will be releasing a new update (hopefully) on September 1st! It will have 14 new Aspirations, including a revamp of those that Maxis has added since my last release. It will also include all of the translations that people have so graciously added to my translation document!

I'm currently working on adding all those to the game, but in the meantime I've gone ahead and added all of the new strings from the new update to the translation document. I'd love to get some of them translated before the update gets released, so if you'd like to help here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1444109227

Thanks!

Thanks for this mod. I love it!
With the most recent update (Aug. 24, 2021), the aspiration selector in live mode is blank. I tested this mod alone. I cleared all cache files as well.
I can't wait for the update, I'm sure it's going to be awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#135 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 5:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieWright_84
Thanks for this mod. I love it!
With the most recent update (Aug. 24, 2021), the aspiration selector in live mode is blank. I tested this mod alone. I cleared all cache files as well.
I can't wait for the update, I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

That's odd, my game seems to be fine! If you've checked that you have all the right files installed and cleared you cache, I'm not sure what else could be causing it tbh. I'll see what I can do to look into it, maybe the new update will fix things.
Test Subject
#136 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:02 PM Last edited by SweetieWright_84 : 27th Aug 2021 at 1:32 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-e
That's odd, my game seems to be fine! If you've checked that you have all the right files installed and cleared you cache, I'm not sure what else could be causing it tbh. I'll see what I can do to look into it, maybe the new update will fix things.


I always clear my caches before I add/remove anything. It was such a small update that I have no idea why it would do it either. Everything was installed correctly. I'm looking forward to the update though.

Edit: I'm officially an idiot. I forgot to remove the Merged file. I remembered to remove the aspirations for the packs I don't own (Bust the Dust & Batuu) but I forgot the Merged file. Sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#137 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieWright_84
I always clear my caches before I add/remove anything. It was such a small update that I have no idea why it would do it either. Everything was installed correctly. I'm looking forward to the update though.

Edit: I'm officially an idiot. I forgot to remove the Merged file. I remembered to remove the aspirations for the packs I don't own (Bust the Dust & Batuu) but I forgot the Merged file. Sorry.

No worries, glad it worked out!

The new version is up!!! Hope everyone likes it, let me know what you think!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:50 AM
A game-changer. It's sad that such mods must be installed in the game in order for inconsistency, created by the developers of the game, to not ruin the fun in playing. Thank you for the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 10:15 AM
Love this mod! I've always wanted more aspirations like Good Vampire and Master Vampire, but for spellcasters, since I'm a heavily spellcaster focused simmer. It would be super cool if you made an aspiration for a sim that learned all the spells for mischief magic, and you can kinda get inspired by the aspiration "chief of mischief". You can also kinda replicate the Master Vampire aspiration if you put something like "Perform the Rite of Ascension on 20 sims", or "Offer magical training to 20 sims", or something. I'd really love it ????
Test Subject
#140 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 5:04 PM
I really, really love this mod. I have always hated trying to complete aspirations in the game, but without them it’s so hard to have a direction. Anyway, I had one question/request for the modified cottage living aspiration. Would it be possible to include selling wool from the llamas, or did you leave that out on purpose? Thanks so much for your work!
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 7:38 PM
Hi, I translated your mod into Brazilian Portuguese! I hosted the translated string on my tumblr, if you decide to wrap it and embed it in your mod let me know!
https://ayrthwil.tumblr.com/post/66...que-os-arquivos
Test Subject
Original Poster
#142 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrsedgold
Love this mod! I've always wanted more aspirations like Good Vampire and Master Vampire, but for spellcasters, since I'm a heavily spellcaster focused simmer. It would be super cool if you made an aspiration for a sim that learned all the spells for mischief magic, and you can kinda get inspired by the aspiration "chief of mischief". You can also kinda replicate the Master Vampire aspiration if you put something like "Perform the Rite of Ascension on 20 sims", or "Offer magical training to 20 sims", or something. I'd really love it ????

Thanks for the idea! I still haven't really played with Spellcasters, but an Aspiration focused on magic mischief sounds like a good idea! I'll look into a good goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgztee
I really, really love this mod. I have always hated trying to complete aspirations in the game, but without them it’s so hard to have a direction. Anyway, I had one question/request for the modified cottage living aspiration. Would it be possible to include selling wool from the llamas, or did you leave that out on purpose? Thanks so much for your work!

It's technically possible, but it would involve overriding some files. And the more files I override, the less likely this mod will be compatible with other mods unfortunately (I tried to find an alternative and couldn't). I do kinda like how it ended up though, I think the Cross-stitching Aspiration helps to cover the Llamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrthwil
Hi, I translated your mod into Brazilian Portuguese! I hosted the translated string on my tumblr, if you decide to wrap it and embed it in your mod let me know!
https://ayrthwil.tumblr.com/post/66...que-os-arquivos

Oh very nice, thanks! I'll add it to the other Portuguese translations in the Translation Document linked in the mod description, and add your name to the Translation Credits file in the next update.
Test Subject
#143 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 4:53 AM
Is there a specific way we're meant to sell the milk/eggs for the cottage caretaker one? I've tried on the yard sale table and the inventory sell slot and neither have changed anything. Same goes for the Queen Bee "Sell Honey" command on the object. Better Exceptions says there's invalid turning for one of the base game files: \LifetimeAspirations\kyLifetimeAspirationsBaseGame_v05.package
Invalid Tuning
objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for whitelist_traits in Instance: 25829 (objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T), Types.OBJECTIVE. Expected 'T', got 'E'
Any ideas? I'd really prefer to be able to use the mod :/
Test Subject
#144 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by animefansim
Is there a specific way we're meant to sell the milk/eggs for the cottage caretaker one? I've tried on the yard sale table and the inventory sell slot and neither have changed anything. Same goes for the Queen Bee "Sell Honey" command on the object. Better Exceptions says there's invalid turning for one of the base game files: \LifetimeAspirations\kyLifetimeAspirationsBaseGame_v05.package
Invalid Tuning
objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for whitelist_traits in Instance: 25829 (objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T), Types.OBJECTIVE. Expected 'T', got 'E'
Any ideas? I'd really prefer to be able to use the mod :/


After a closer inspection, I am able to get Country Caretaker to somewhat work if I'm selling regular eggs and milk through the sell tab in the inventory. I know I tried a golden egg and pumpkin spice milk that way and nothing happened.
Test Subject
#145 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:55 AM
I downloaded the new version and the bug is gone! yay!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#146 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by animefansim
After a closer inspection, I am able to get Country Caretaker to somewhat work if I'm selling regular eggs and milk through the sell tab in the inventory. I know I tried a golden egg and pumpkin spice milk that way and nothing happened.

Unfortunately, I'm largely at the mercy of Maxis on this one. It seems as though they didn't give all the milk/egg variants the proper tags, so the Aspiration isn't able to recognize them as Milk/Egg ingredients. If I can get the game to test for multiple tags in the future, I should be able to circumvent this issue. For now, it will only work with standard Milk/Eggs. The alternative would be altering the Milk/Egg files myself directly, which would cause compatibility issues with other mods.

The Queen Bee Aspiration used to work selling from the Bee Box, or from the inventory, but it seems something has changed because the Bee Box isn't working anymore (but the inventory still does). I'll look into it and see what I can do, but this one seems to be a bug with the game itself, so it will likely be up to Maxis to fix it.
Test Subject
#147 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 12:13 AM
This would be perfect if the aspirations came with whims that contained the tasks that would normally be required with the unmodded versions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 5:16 AM
guy who did the Korean translation here. thanks for the great mod. I've been enjoying it so far, and currently working on the rest of the translation. have a good one!!!
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:30 PM
Is this working with the latest spa day update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:48 PM
Would you ever consider to upload a separate version of only the new aspirations? ^^
Page 6 of 9