MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clutter Anywhere Part One - Appliances

by bessy Posted 15th Jun 2021 at 2:57 AM - Updated 13th Sep 2021 at 2:48 PM by Black-Shadow
21 Comments / replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
✔Game tested ang compatible with 1.79 patch

Changelog

07/24/21
Updated tuning resources for 1.77 patch

06/18/21
Added items from Dream Home Decorator Pack

It was a long time since I've found the original mod from Madhox here till I decided to update it to be usable again. I remember that scaring word... TUNING, haha! But after a little research I figured out how to make this work and here we are.

A little sneak peak... This is a first part, more items are comming!

So what does this mode do?

Like the previous version by Madhox it allows to place all small appliances on any surface and they remain usable, not just decor. But I wanted to add the maximal placement variety so all items now fit into the small deco slots of end, dining, coffee tables, hutches and can be placed directly on floor. You can even place them on shelves, but there is a sad issue - on wall shelves most items won'be usable and sims will get a routing error when trying to use. For now I don't know if this ix fixable.

What's included?

All the base game microwaves, coffeemakers and tea brewer,
Get Together espresso machines,
Spa Day and Backyard Stuff drink trays,
Movie Hangout popcorn maker,
Cool Kitchen ice-cream maker,
Luxury Party fountain,
Snowy Escape hot pot.

What did I change?

For some items like party fountain, hot pot, espresso machines, popcorn maker or drink trays it were enough to change the slotting behavior in Object Catalog resource, and for microwaves, tea and coffeemakers and ice-cream maker I edited the Interaction Tuning and Object tuning, so Object Definition resources were changed too. So not compatible with any other mods changing the same resouces.

Credits
Madhox for the awesome original mod, Sims4Studio and EA.

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4 Get Together Snowy Escape + 2 GPs + 4 SPs

This is a multi-part download:


Choose one option - merged or separated, not both!
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
bessyAnywhereAppliances.zip | Pick n choose single items, 07/24 updated file

Size: 69.2 KB · Downloads: 1,051 · 24th Jul 2021
69.2 KB 1,051 24th Jul 2021
bessyAnywhereAppliancesMerged.zip | All items merged into one file, 07/24 updated file

Size: 52.7 KB · Downloads: 4,216 · 24th Jul 2021
52.7 KB 4,216 24th Jul 2021
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 8:11 AM
this is a so creative idea, Appliances slot issues bothered me so bad. i appreciate u make it useable everywhere, a ton of works indeed!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 1:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjoonho
this is a so creative idea, Appliances slot issues bothered me so bad. i appreciate u make it useable everywhere, a ton of works indeed!


Thank you so much! I thought I should share this when I was reading the comments in the Madhox old thread. For me it's a musthave mod)

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:55 PM
I've noticed you have a clutter anywhere part 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 but where is part 2?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 5:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BREANAN
I've noticed you have a clutter anywhere part 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 but where is part 2?


Hah, the most popular question today))) It is on moderation, so we are waiting for it to be released soon!

Crazy in purple
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 12:24 AM
Brilliant
Thank you so very,very much Black-Shadow for bringing back to working order Madhox Mod - 'Small Appliances Anywhere' I did not know this mod even existed. I was always so disappointed I could not put appliances where I wanted them. If it wasn't for the dedication and hard work of talented creators like you - For me the Sims 4 would be unplayable without Mod fixes and game modifications. Thank you for share...

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum
Thank you so very,very much Black-Shadow for bringing back to working order Madhox Mod - 'Small Appliances Anywhere' I did not know this mod even existed. I was always so disappointed I could not put appliances where I wanted them. If it wasn't for the dedication and hard work of talented creators like you - For me the Sims 4 would be unplayable without Mod fixes and game modifications. Thank you for share...


Thank you for kind words!

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 2:24 AM
Hi, great mod, but it didn't work for me and I don't know why. Arte there any specific instructions that I've missed? The only other mod regarding appliances I use is portable appliances, but it creates portable clones, so it shouldn't override any tunings I the original objects. Any ideas?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akin_
Hi, great mod, but it didn't work for me and I don't know why. Arte there any specific instructions that I've missed? The only other mod regarding appliances I use is portable appliances, but it creates portable clones, so it shouldn't override any tunings I the original objects. Any ideas?


Hi, Akin! Could you please give me a link to the mode you're using? My mod uses a custom tuning and overrides Object Definition and Object Catalog resorces. If the other mod edits those somehow, it won'be compatible with mine.

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 3:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Shadow
Hi, Akin! Could you please give me a link to the mode you're using? My mod uses a custom tuning and overrides Object Definition and Object Catalog resorces. If the other mod edits those somehow, it won'be compatible with mine.

Here it is: https://zanazumods.tumblr.com/post/...s-but-can-never
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akin_


Okay, thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it.

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akin_


Well, I've downloaded that mod and started a game using both it and my override. All is working as intended, the overridden appliances are placeable anywhere, look at the screenshot. Maybe you haven't deleted the localthumbcache.package file when added my mod or have some other conflicting one?

Screenshots

Crazy in purple
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 1:13 PM
This isn't working for me anymore, the items don't show up in buy mode with this mod installed. Shame because this has to be one of the best mods out there.. EA forcing coffeepots to go in the middle of a counter top always drove me crazy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 8:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingMonster
This isn't working for me anymore, the items don't show up in buy mode with this mod installed. Shame because this has to be one of the best mods out there.. EA forcing coffeepots to go in the middle of a counter top always drove me crazy


Hi again) The same advice as for the plants clutter.. Or if you don't use BBB check if the CC is enabled in your game's preferences.

Crazy in purple
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:16 AM
Hi, Bessy. just some feed back.
these mod work fine on everywhere indeed, only except wall-shelves. The appliances can put on any surface well with this mod, include on wall-shelves, but only they can not be used when putting them on wall-shelves, it seems that they can only be used on any surface that touch the floor. Is there any chance that can make the appliances also be useful when putting them on wall-shelves?
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 7:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjoonho
this is a so creative idea, Appliances slot issues bothered me so bad. i appreciate u make it useable everywhere, a ton of works indeed!

Thanks for your sharing,That's pretty cool.
website seo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjoonho
Hi, Bessy. just some feed back.
these mod work fine on everywhere indeed, only except wall-shelves. The appliances can put on any surface well with this mod, include on wall-shelves, but only they can not be used when putting them on wall-shelves, it seems that they can only be used on any surface that touch the floor. Is there any chance that can make the appliances also be useful when putting them on wall-shelves?


Hi, parkjoonho! Yes, I've mentioned this in description and the original old mod from Madhox had the same issue. I tried several ways to fix it but none worked. I'm searching the solution because I'd like to use appliances on shelves too) Hope I'll find it one day..

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carllance
Thanks for your sharing,That's pretty cool.
website seo


You're welcome!!

Crazy in purple
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 5:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Shadow
Hi, parkjoonho! Yes, I've mentioned this in description and the original old mod from Madhox had the same issue. I tried several ways to fix it but none worked. I'm searching the solution because I'd like to use appliances on shelves too) Hope I'll find it one day..


Thank u for ur replying Bessy!
I rememberd "MadHox" and "Necrodog" both have made mods as working wall appliances, like "wall microwaves",and "wall ovens" years ago, they can be used fine on the wall once, but unfortunately they're all outdated for now. Necrodog wall microwave and Madhox wall microwave
im not sure if there is any clue for solving this problem. but thank u so much for taking time made these wonderful tunning mods for the community.
have a nice day and take care of urself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjoonho
Thank u for ur replying Bessy!
I rememberd "MadHox" and "Necrodog" both have made mods as working wall appliances, like "wall microwaves",and "wall ovens" years ago, they can be used fine on the wall once, but unfortunately they're all outdated for now. Necrodog wall microwave and Madhox wall microwave
im not sure if there is any clue for solving this problem. but thank u so much for taking time made these wonderful tunning mods for the community.
have a nice day and take care of urself.


Thank you much for kind words and have a nice day too <3
I like the Madhox's wall microwaves too, and will try to update them when I have some time, but don't think they can help much for solving shelf-placement issue. Anyway, I'll take a look on them and my search continues))

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 5:06 AM
These are wonderful, I always enjoyed the old versions of these mods, and I'm so glad that you've been working so hard to update them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NellyStardust
These are wonderful, I always enjoyed the old versions of these mods, and I'm so glad that you've been working so hard to update them!


Thank you! I enjoyed them too and was very happy when figured out how to make them working again))

Crazy in purple