Testers Wanted: Stargate (operatable and animated) *BUGFIX*
And here it is: The Stargate.
It resembles of course one of those seen in the tv-show, but it isn't a perfect copy, so don't complain about details. It was made as an outdoor-object, you maybe will not see the whole gate if you put this indoor.
The Stargate has a pie menu that enables you to operate it, meaning the sims will be able to activate and deactivate it. When activated you will see an animated eventhorizon. It has no further functions, but maybe I will expand it, when I have got a better grip on SimAntics.
The mesh and textures (including the anim) are by me. the object has 874 vertices and 1346 polys. The animation of the eventhorizon is somewhat minimal, since I was limited to 16 animframes, but the effect is rather cool nonetheless.
You find this object in the catalog under decoratives -> sculptures or outdoors.
IMPORTANT BUGFIX 061205: The first version overwrote the painting global BHAVs, so every painting had the stargates pie menu. I uploaded a new bugfixed version, please redownload and replace!
Have fun! :howdy:
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 376.2 KB · Downloads: 17,591 · 12th Jun 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5