Testers Wanted: Policeman, Fireman, and/or Construction Tape
This is my next project I just finished as a request for MuttsMooch. I tried it in the game for a short time and I wanted to get your opinion of how it works and looks for you. Its a policeman's, fireman's, and/or construction job's tape you put around places you want yours sims to stay out of. I made the poles for the ends as in the pics you see. The poles need to be placed with the right one first and the arrow facing you when placing. Then scroll around to another side and place the right one the same and you have to do the same with the rest for the poles to be up against the ends of the tape. As I have shown you in a pic. It is EP Ready but should not need it as they both were made from the original games items in sculptures. If you play the original and download it, please let me know of any problems.
The poly count for the tape is 30, very low, and the vertices are 56, also low. The poly count for the poles is 118, another low, and the vertices are 78, again low.
I have made the original one which is a "caution" one and I made a recolor for "danger". If there are any requests for any other type, please leave a message and I will make it for you. If you make your own recolors and post them on a (non-paying) site, but hopefully here, please leave a link to the original thread and give credit to me.
The poles are a separate package so I uploaded all 3 packages which are the original mesh, the poles, and the danger_recolor.
I have uploaded some pics of what they look like and also a couple to show you that if someone is inside of one they can't get out. It also makes a good caged in area for toddlers...LOL.
If you have any problems, please leave a message and I will check it out. All feedback is welcome, as I like to hear what others think about the project and of my work.
As with all my other creations, you can use for your own purpose, but please do not put on any pay sites.
Hope you enjoy it and have a great day!
Edit: I forgot to tell all of you since you have to use alot of these sometimes, that I made the cost of the tape only $1 and a pole for $2. Not a bad price, I hope.
Edit: I made 2 recolors of the "police line do not enter" for you to pick which one you would like. The first which is "donotEnter_across" means that the sentence is straight across as in the pic. The only thing is that since the arms overlap some, the letters from either the end of the one or the beginning disappear some as you can see in the pic on the second line. Its only how you move your camera that it disappears and reappears. I tried to make the letters smaller on it but in the game you could not hardly see them then. That's why I made the 2nd one which is "donotEnter_down" which has a second line instead of all on one line. That way it doesn't disappear. So you now have 2 choices to pick from or you can pick both as both will work at the same time in the game. Let me know if there is any other changes or recolors I can do, and I will get to them.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 10.1 KB · Downloads: 4,554 · 17th Aug 2005
Size: 9.2 KB · Downloads: 4,846 · 17th Aug 2005
Size: 20.1 KB · Downloads: 5,000 · 17th Aug 2005
Size: 28.3 KB · Downloads: 5,691 · 17th Aug 2005
Size: 24.9 KB · Downloads: 6,419 · 17th Aug 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Page 1 of 2