"Ascension" - Elevator Stairs (1 tile)
Other Versions can be found at the following links
Recolorable version with 5 new textures, including invisible is here:
Square-shaped design is here:
I suppose this is the natural conclusion of my stairs research, and perhaps some of you could see it coming.
At first I had no plans to make one, and indeed wasn't even considering it, but I wanted to see if I could accomplish it, so I gave it a whirl. My elevator is a bit different than the other one out there. Here's a list of features:
Can be placed anywhere, no restrictions on placement.
There is no "front" or "back" or even "side" to this object. You can block any three of the cardinal directions with objects or walls, and block any different three on the upper story, and the Sim can still use it. As you can see from the second screenshot, it truly takes up only a single tile.
Stacks vertically. I made the upper "disc" slightly smaller than the lower disc. What this means for you is that when you stack them, the smaller upper disc is hidden inside the new bottom disc, for a nice, clean appearance.
This was made from the StareStepper staircase, and retains the availability of all 5 original colors (though the center stays white).
Mesh info: 864 faces total
Maxis original stairs had over 4,000 faces.
Another interesting feature of this is that the "teleportation point" is dead-center, so when you stack them and tell a Sim to go up say...5 floors, they instantly teleport right to the top, without any pauses at each floor. Very quickly! It's amusing to see.
Anyhoo....I hope you find this super spacesaver "staircase" a useful addition to your custom object collection.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 201.4 KB · Downloads: 46,507 · 16th Oct 2005
Size: 107.4 KB · Downloads: 64,369 · 16th Oct 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11