Ownable Limousine: the "Transatlantic" by Numenorean Engines
Ownable Limousine - Nightlife only - by Numenor
06 FEB 2006 - Added Italian and Spanish translation for the catalogue description. (Thanks for the Spanish translation to HarlotBoy).
I bet you all have recognized the Limousine from the secret society
Many people have made new ownable cars, and I wanted to experiment something new: a car having dimensions completely different from the standard ownable cars. I had to solve many problems (and other are not solved, yet, see below); moving the bones, dealing with the fog effect, adding a "slot" to accomodate the fog...
It was harder than I thought But the result, in my humble opinion, is astonishing: when you'll see your sim driving such a gigantic vehicle, you'll be surprised, too :D
All the car functions are fully functional, including making out and woohoo-ing.
Only, if you plan to build a garage for it, remember its dimensions! It needs three additional rows of tiles to the front, and two row to the left side (to allow manouvring).
The "Transatlantic" is recolourable: I look forward a pink recolour from a good-willing user!
Check the 5 new recolours that MaryLou has created and posted on her free site! [EXTERNAL LINK]
1) For some strange reason, the footprint of the car is determined by the underlying driveway (when you place a car on the driveway, they become a whole object...); therefore, sims are allowed to pass through the front part of the car.
2) Due to the heavy bones translations, when you drive to a community lot, the loading screen depicts the Limo, but without the front wheels.
3) Since it's not possible to edit the game effects (FX files), I couldn't create a custom "fog" effect for the Limo; instead, I had to use one of the existing ones. I tweaked its position at best, but if you look closely you'll find that the fog doesn't cover exactly all the windows.
Beside this bugs, I hope that thare aren't any more. Please report if you find something strange.
I enjoyed very much this car, and I hope you'll do the same
Car Type: |
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 279.0 KB · Downloads: 82,712 · 6th Feb 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by Numenor.